Nexus 5 2015 refresh

Soldato
The Nexus 5x I have had for the past 28 months is doing my head in now..phone wise it's fine. But the battery life is so so poor on this thing.

Associate
The Nexus 5x I have had for the past 28 months is doing my head in now..phone wise it's fine. But the battery life is so so poor on this thing.

I don't even think it was that great to start with. By the end mine couldn't even get from 9 to 5 without a charge. Pixel has been a blessing in comparison!

Associate
Got my repaired phone back on Friday. Will be keeping it until the Nokia 7+ is out. Not sure on screen size though, so I may opt for the Nokia 8 or Sony XA2.

Soldato
Isn't the rumour that the Pixel 3 devices will come in 3 models?

I hope so. I want a phone around the £300 mark that will get the latest software as soon as it is available which generally means a Google device.

I'll never spend flagship prices on a phone.

Soldato
Isn't the rumour that the Pixel 3 devices will come in 3 models?

I hope so. I want a phone around the £300 mark that will get the latest software as soon as it is available which generally means a Google device.
Nokia devices are pretty much stock Google. All/most of the older Nokias already have 8.1 (certainly the 5, 6 and 8 do at least). I don't know of another phone that has 8.1 yet (even my Android One Mi A1 isn't showing signs of getting 8.1 anytime soon). Edit the Essential PH-1 has 8.1 now too.

Wait for the full reviews of course, but the Nokia 7 Plus looks like the mid-range device to have and is £350 pre-order (released 2nd May).

Soldato
Is it possible to get this (I presume Google) weather app on the Nexus 5?

Capture.png

Associate
Apologies if it has already been mentioned. I've not read through the entire thread. Has anyone else who has a 5X (one's that haven't bootlooped into infinity already) had any trouble with the fingerprint sensor? I've had mine since launch day and it's been great, but the last few months the FP sensor has been playing silly buggers. It switches from not working (hardware not recognised) to disappearing from the settings to mysteriously working again. I was on the verge of begrudgingly getting a new phone but it started working again but today, has started playing up again.

Any ideas? I've looked on Google and it seems a common problem, but other than factory resetting (which hasn't done anything) there doesn't seem to be a fix. Wondered if anyone here had the same problem and solved it.

Associate
Apologies if it has already been mentioned. I've not read through the entire thread. Has anyone else who has a 5X (one's that haven't bootlooped into infinity already) had any trouble with the fingerprint sensor? I've had mine since launch day and it's been great, but the last few months the FP sensor has been playing silly buggers. It switches from not working (hardware not recognised) to disappearing from the settings to mysteriously working again. I was on the verge of begrudgingly getting a new phone but it started working again but today, has started playing up again.

Any ideas? I've looked on Google and it seems a common problem, but other than factory resetting (which hasn't done anything) there doesn't seem to be a fix. Wondered if anyone here had the same problem and solved it.

My friend had this exact issue, he called Google and they said common after phone getting old known issue, they just replaced it within 5 days he had a new one, this was a year and a half ago tho. He also factory reset the phone and it was totally hardware related.

Back
Top Bottom