The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Soldato
She has now taken it apon herself to take my Playstation 4 and all of my games along with my google home.

You're right, that's obviously just spiteful and I'd be changing my PSN password for starters. I'd be fighting to get that back and ask her what her justification for taking it is. Maybe as a present to the new bloke but more likely to flog for some cash. :(

Amazing how petty people can get after a split. I've seen it time and time again with friends and it's why I think you have to be insane to get married these days, especially if there is a substantial imbalance in paying for stuff and/or earnings.

Best of luck for the future buddy.

Soldato
Well after the crazy EX which many had a good chuckle over her emails here, I was stood up on 3 dates, got fed up and joined a "different" type of dating site. Got my rocks off a couple of times with a few peeps asking for seconds (which I declined). Now back on the normal sating saddle, talking to a couple of peeps on Tinder/eHarmony and signed up for speed dating again next week.

Fingers crossed

Caporegime
reading the story's on here, some of the stuff i hear from the guys at work and my own experiences i think im going to end up being single forever!

But as with all types of things on the internets, people post more about the bad than the good, giving a skewed perspective when viewed in isolation. Even moreso given that amicable break ups are probably less likely to get airtime, so only the really bad stuff gets posted.

There must be some figure out there, but it wouldn't surprise me if people were 100 times more likely to leave a negative review than a positive one.

Last edited:
Associate
Well after the crazy EX which many had a good chuckle over her emails here, I was stood up on 3 dates, got fed up and joined a "different" type of dating site. Got my rocks off a couple of times with a few peeps asking for seconds (which I declined). Now back on the normal sating saddle, talking to a couple of peeps on Tinder/eHarmony and signed up for speed dating again next week.

Fingers crossed

"Different"?

Associate
Has anybody else had a bad break up with a girl (14 month relationship) and then pretty soon after she gets pregnant to another bloke (literally a few months). As well as this she continues to talk to you on and off explaining that she doesn’t know if she wants the baby or not or wants to be with him? She then has the baby anyway 9 months later.

I am struggling to rationalise it all? She was a bit of a nightmare as a girlfrend and if I’d of had a baby with her I think she would have made my life a nightmare.. but now she’s had the baby it seems even worse in my head? has anyone got any tips or ideas on achieving a better outlook on the situation?

Caporegime
Has anybody else had a bad break up with a girl and then pretty soon after she gets pregnant to another bloke (literally a few months). As well as this she continues to talk to you on and off explaining that she doesn’t know if she wants the baby or not or wants to be with him? She then has the baby anyway 9 months later anyway.

I am struggling to rationalise it all? She was a bit of a nightmare as a girlfrend and if I’d of had a baby with her I think she would have made my life a nightmare.. but now she’s had the baby it seems even worse in my head? has anyone got any tips or ideas on achieving a better outlook on the situation?

No contact! It might be hard, but its the only way!

Associate
Has anybody else had a bad break up with a girl (14 month relationship) and then pretty soon after she gets pregnant to another bloke (literally a few months). As well as this she continues to talk to you on and off explaining that she doesn’t know if she wants the baby or not or wants to be with him? She then has the baby anyway 9 months later.

Sounds like you avoided a total nightmare you would be attached to for 18 years because of the child mate, try to take solace in that. I have friends where the same thing has happened, both male and female. I for the life of my cant understand how anyone can have a child with someone they barely know or could even financially afford, but its always easy to say when your not in that situation.

Associate
I haven’t spoken to her in months (march this year) but I still get asked by people about “what went off” and obviously I have to say that she went off and had a baby with someone else. She also frequents places I go and on Monday I got told by several people that’s she visited a coffee shop she knows I go too (it’s a small family run one) with the baby and her parents. I was shocked to hear she would even / had the audacity to go in there as she’s nieve if she thinks people don’t know what a tramp she’s been and it’s one of the places we went for our first dates?!

Last edited:
Associate
Sounds like you avoided a total nightmare you would be attached to for 18 years because of the child mate, try to take solace in that. I have friends where the same thing has happened, both male and female. I for the life of my cant understand how anyone can have a child with someone they barely know or could even financially afford, but its always easy to say when your not in that situation.

Well this other bloke supposedly has a bit of money (and two kids to two different women already..my ex is now the third kid to the third women). She said to me when we were still talking that “he buys her things as he thinks it will make me happy” but it doesn’t. Personally she’s flat broke with about £16k of debt.

Everyone says she was a nightmare when we were together.. I don’t know it just feels like the ultimate form of rejection in some ways (sorry if that sounds ridiculous)

Last edited:
Associate
Well this other bloke supposedly has a bit of money. She said to me when we were still talking that “he buys her things as he thinks it will make me happy” but it doesn’t. Personally she’s flat broke with about £16k of debt.

Everyone says she was a nightmare when we were together.. I don’t know it just feels like the ultimate form of rejection in some ways (sorry if that sounds ridiculous)

Look at the bright side again mate, she wont be bleeding you dry and dragging you down with her.

I haven’t spoken to her in months (march this year) but I still get asked by people about “what went off” and obviously I have to say that she went off and had a baby with someone else. She also frequents places I go and on Monday I got told by several people that’s she visited a coffee shop we all visit with the baby and her parents. I was shocked to hear she would even /had the audacity to go in there as she’s nieve if she thinks people don’t know what a tramp she’s been and it’s one of the places we went for our first dates?!

Not to sound harsh but take a step back and re-read what you wrote. Her attending a local coffee shop is something you cant avoid....

The old saying of time heals is so annoying but true.... try having some fun with someone new and just keep away from anything to do with her if it makes you think like the above, your only hurting yourself dude.

Back
Top Bottom