** OCUK TWITCH STREAM PUBG TOURNAMENT DISCUSSION THREAD **

OcUK Staff
OcUK Twitch Stream Official PUBG Tournament Discussion Thread

5oTYYCU.jpg

This is the discussion thread for the OcUK Twitch Stream Official PUBG Tournament.

For details on the format, dates and prizes, and to signup your squad please follow the instructions and use the thread HERE

Soldato
Sounds like a fantastic idea, especially with PGI settings, but the decision to go with a BO1 for both the qualifier and final is a bit baffling to say the least. What happens if you encounter a bug, client crash, poor RNG, circle moves against you etc - too many variables in a single match to make it fair. Playing multiple games to see who places consistently is the way to iron this out.

The game is already going to be faster due to the speed of the circles - why not do BO3 for both?

Last edited:
Soldato
Considering this is an amateur competition, I don’t have an issue with BO1. Your average joe can’t dedicate 2 or e days of BO3s.

Unless I'm missing something obvious, you'll be playing in a single qualifier, therefore 3 matches in row (if it was BO3), or 6 if you reach the final.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume the average person can play 6 matches split across two days?! :confused:

Man of Honour
Unless I'm missing something obvious, you'll be playing in a single qualifier, therefore 3 matches in row (if it was BO3), or 6 if you reach the final.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume the average person can play 6 matches split across two days?! :confused:

I don't think it matters... 10 mins or less and ill be out! Otherwise ill be the guy on a bike doing backflips over houses!

Soldato
Assuming back to back matches, with no delay between starting, and starting on time, that’s 1.5 hours of gaming. Add fifteen minutes between each game and that’s 2 hours. Assuming everything starts on the dot, which is unlikely.

As I said, I just don’t think that level is required for a purely amateur comp.

OcUK Staff
OP
I liked the idea of a B01 to level the playing field a bit more in the qualifiers as the main thing we wanted to achieve with this tournament was getting our community together to play against each other with the reward of some great prizes! Not just getting some amazing players to come and duke it out on our stream.

We are considering extending the final match for the top prizes to be a BO3 as it seems to be what most people are wanting.

You also have to think the guys who stay behind and stream have homes and families to go to, and a keyholder, who locks up, has to wait behind while we stream so there are many considerations about how long we run for of an evening.

We'll try and keep everyone as happy as we can though, it was why I included a:

*** The format may change ***

Man of Honour
I liked the idea of a B01 to level the playing field a bit more in the qualifiers as the main thing we wanted to achieve with this tournament was getting our community together to play against each other with the reward of some great prizes! Not just getting some amazing players to come and duke it out on our stream.

Probably too late for that, CoachCalz and DaCrazCageMan who posted above are from the PUBG Pro player circuit.

OcUK Staff
OP
The rest of us don't stand a chance... @NikTheSHNIK are style and comedy points available? If so we are sure to win :)

We have the second tier final with the bottom 6 teams from each final so you'll be in with a chance on that.

Spot prizes for stupid things in the final may be a good shout though.

In both final games we'll also have a joint OcUK/Steelseries team with bounty prizes for if you kill them :)

Man of Honour
We have the second tier final with the bottom 6 teams from each final so you'll be in with a chance on that.

Spot prizes for stupid things in the final may be a good shout though.

In both final games we'll also have a joint OcUK/Steelseries team with bounty prizes for if you kill them :)

Just waiting for my 4th man but genuinely we are some of the oldest and worst players you will ever see. Literally zero tactics but we will bring the bants. I shall hopefully have us signed up later today. :p

Back
Top Bottom