• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

We will set our graphics free. #SIGGRAPH2018

Soldato
Will believe it when i see it. I was around for there last attempt which came to nothing. I want it but won't believe it until i see it.

Most believe it's all about Intel's money but from what i have seen it more than just throwing money around.

Soldato
2020 to produce what kind of graphics.

They have graphics already so that's nothing to announce. Neither is better graphics from a low start.

Graphics which can do [insert tangible goal here]?

Soldato
I honestly thought that Intel's new 'graphics' card would be designed for high end data centers but from that video it looks like this will targeted at home users (judging by the references they made about E-Sports).

Soldato
I honestly thought that Intel's new 'graphics' card would be designed for high end data centers but from that video it looks like this will targeted at home users (judging by the references they made about E-Sports).
Not to mention having it jammed in a plinth like Excalibur. Thats defo a gaming card for sure. I'm well excited. Nvidia needs competition badly. For the sake of our souls and wallets. Don't care if it's AMD or Intel. Preferably both.

Soldato
Not to mention having it jammed in a plinth like Excalibur. Thats defo a gaming card for sure. I'm well excited. Nvidia needs competition badly. For the sake of our souls and wallets. Don't care if it's AMD or Intel. Preferably both.
I don't know how old you are but my advice is don't to to excited. I got excited when Intel announced a product called Larrabee and that was going to be the next big thing in graphics, it was late and power hungry and Intel quickly discovered that it wasn't suitable for gaming and re-purposed the architecture as co-processor/HPC part This time around they have guys like Raja and Jim working them so there's half a chance it won't completely suck on release also Nvidia these days are becoming a threat to Intel dominance in the HPC market so they need to parallelisation processing a lot more seriously.

Soldato
I don't know how old you are but my advice is don't to to excited. I got excited when Intel announced a product called Larrabee and that was going to be the next big thing in graphics, it was late and power hungry and Intel quickly discovered that it wasn't suitable for gaming and re-purposed the architecture as co-processor/HPC part This time around they have guys like Raja and Jim working them so there's half a chance it won't completely suck on release also Nvidia these days are becoming a threat to Intel dominance in the HPC market so they need to parallelisation processing a lot more seriously.
Well I can either be excited till 2020 or pessimistic. Neither will effect the outcome of the card/s. So I would rather be excited.

Soldato
If intel even thinks it's any good it will be double the price of anything else...

It will be buy one CPU get two free graphics cards for the professional firms. The likes of Asus and MSI will just get strong armed into buying one graphics with every CPU purchase.

Soldato
I met and had a drink with raja on Monday gone at an intel event, he's a really nice guy. We talked about a lot of things, intel's upcoming GPU is going to be very interesting and Vegas problems and missing features were no fault of Raja or RTG in the end.

Soldato
How I expect this will shape up over time. Nvidia will be forced out of most of the market, probably starting around £250 for the first round and then we will see Nvidia focus more on the uber high end. AMD will make everything sub £100 redundant with APU's and muller Intel on everything in between £100 and £300, at least on a technical front.

Caporegime
I met and had a drink with raja on Monday gone at an intel event, he's a really nice guy. We talked about a lot of things, intel's upcoming GPU is going to be very interesting and Vegas problems and missing features were no fault of Raja or RTG in the end.
Picture of Raja with Hovis on head or it didn't happen ;)

Soldato
So I am now thinking of picking up a 1080ti on the cheap as a good plan. Don't want to drop a load of money on the new 2080 and want to switch out in 18 month+ time.

Back
Top Bottom