• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Soldato
With the absurdity of these prices and being shafted on the exchange rates I'm expectng the prices of 1070s and 1080s to go up, a lot of people, myslef included, were holding fire to see what was coming. And what was coming was an insult.

Won't be buying and refuse to support a company that thinks so little of it's customer base.

Associate
These prices are obscene. I could buy 5 odd 2080 Ti now without too much bother but why on earth would I? Performance against the previous gen is not a justification for the price hikes, performance versus the previous gen is why we buy new cards. Otherwise everyone would hold on to their cards until they died. Nvidia are supposed to improve performance if they want more money, the idea that relative performance is linked to RRP is nonsense. Otherwise in a decade a card will cost £10k or more.

I had bought my 1070 as a stop gap hoping to get a 2080 Ti to complement my 8700k - now I'm done. I'll just buy a PS5 when it comes out.

Associate
Assuming you can afford one it really does just come down to benchmarks - i.e. does the 2070 come close enough to the 1080TI to be OK for 4K gaming - and people were happy to spend 700+ for this level just a few months ago.

If it does then the 2070 is going to be the savior of the universe.

Associate
What I found concerning is that in the demos,some of the non-RTX effects looked worse than I have seen elsewhere in other games(the Metro demo was a prime example),almost like there it was
emphasise the RTX effects. OFC,I will reserve final judgment until I see them in an actual game,but something feels familar about all of this.
Same as my comment on BF5. If it ends up in the final game it'll royally suck.

Associate
Considering you can buy a PS4Pro and XB1X plus half a dozen of the latest games for the price on a 2080ti, is it any wonder the reaction has been so negative.

Nvidia driving people away from PC gaming with this kind of pricing.

Caporegime
I won't be buying any at this price but fair play to Nvidia, they have absolutely no competition at the moment and obviously think they can sell the cards at these prices so why not.

For all the talk about killing gaming at this price, they're a business and will look to make as much from these cards as possible. If it doesn't work out, they'll lower the price and still make a huge profit.

Associate
Same as my comment on BF5. If it ends up in the final game it'll royally suck.

It's as if they've turned off the usual simulated effects we've had for years to try and emphasise the difference. Not that ray tracing didn't look great but without it there were no lighting reflections of any kind from the flamethrower for instance.

Soldato
Actually i wouldn't be surprised if some Ti come in at below a grand, probably paying a premium for Asus and other cards.. when another cheaper one with a similar cooler would be just as good.

Nvidia didn't surprised you then? :D

Lets not forget this one, while everyone was hammering those of us who said that the Ti will be over £1000, wccftech was posting this and was used as "proof".

Rumors Suggest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080/Ti Priced Similar To GTX 1080 and 1080 Ti, Performance Faster Than The Titan V, 2.5 GHz Overclocked Speeds

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-custom-msi-geforce-rtx-2080ti-and-rtx-2080-graphics-card-leak/

Hahahah, laughing @ Wccftech not you @LoadsaMoney

You laughed at that post as most of us here :D

Associate
Now Nvidia can sell the 1080 series cards for basically current pricing to the people that aren't interested in the ray tracing and just want a bit more bang for buck.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Nvidia didn't surprised you then? :D

Lets not forget this one, while everyone was hammering those of us who said that the Ti will be over £1000, wccftech was posting this

Hahahah @ Wccftech not you @LoadsaMoney

You laughed at that post as most of us here :D
As usual they make a bunch of stuff up, if one sticks they take the credit for it. Lol

Soldato
The funniest thing can even be seen in their own advert https://twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce/status/1031604770853806080

It states RTX 2080 11GB VRAM ... There is zero mention of a Ti card there or a 2070.. This clearly is another re-badging exercise. There is no Ti .. they just shifted the 2080 to a 2080Ti, the 2070 to 2080 and 2060 to 2070.

It is nothing more than insult over insults from them and the pricing they though meeh lets test the water as we were making a "loss" with all the inventory of 10 series cards that will never sell or end up like Atari E.T cartridges to artificially keep the prices inflated.

Back
Top Bottom