• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Heard that preorders were live, rushed here with 1k budget. Stared in horror as can’t afford a ti. Think I’m going to allocate the cash towards a CPU/MB upgrade.

Associate
Since selling my rig I’ve got a PS4 Pro, XB1X and a Switch for less than the price of the 2080Ti.

I love PC gaming and the whole building and testing and adjusting and benchmarking etc etc but there is just no appeal whatsoever to get back in to it when I can just pick up a controller and blast a few hours with friends or jump in the laptop and play some RTS and MOBA.

I’m genuinely shocked at the prices announced and for the world of PC gaming that takes some doing. NVidia are clearly aware that people will buy it and can set the market price with their monopoly on the high end consumer.

Soldato
If the 2080 is slower than the 1080ti then I'm done with nvidia for good.

Never say never!

There was a time when I was rocking a 670 and wishing they would release the next iteration so that I could see 60+FPS where I needed it. There's no issue with that anymore as the 1080ti chews everything up at 3440*1440.

This bizarre pricing model doesn't impact me negatively at all, I'm totally meh about it. I'm actually more excited about the 2950x gaming benchmarks as my CPU setup is ageing.

I'll buy a new GPU when Nvidia get their reality check via sales figures, and if they get the volume they need from £1300 xx80ti's then it's not my hobby anymore. :)

Caporegime
OP
Those saying they will leave the PC master race it will not happen trust me I've tried many many times.

Tbh, I'm losing interest in pc hardware fast....I've just bought a 6 core 12 thread 8750H Dell XPS for my recording studio, considering the use it will get and the money it cost it makes the 2080ti cost just lol for some new eye candy...

I want to upgrade my home cinema, £1000 gets me 4 x monitor Audio silver FX speakers...GFX cards costing 1200 is just ludicrous...it's no longer fun at this price tier.

Associate
I really wanted to... but I can't justify it when it could be a 10% performance increase comapred to 1080ti with added raytracing zzzzz

Probably be looking for a 1080ti to replace my 970 now

Soldato
If the 2080 is slower than the 1080ti then I'm done with nvidia for good.

It will if the game uses Ray Tracing. But, will be touch and go if it's faster in normal games. They gave no indication of the performance versus older cards for normal games. Red flag maybe?

Soldato
Tbh, I'm losing interest in pc hardware fast....I've just bought a 6 core 12 thread 8750H Dell XPS for my recording studio, considering the use it will get and the money it cost it makes the 2080ti cost just lol for some new eye candy...

I want to upgrade my home cinema, £1000 gets me 4 x monitor Audio silver FX speakers...GFX cards costing 1200 is just ludicrous...it's no longer fun at this price tier.

I'm clinging on, really am. Spent 2k last year on a rig overhaul, I do still look forward to my time off in my man cave with 4k and good games. It's not over for me yet :D

Back
Top Bottom