Changing Windows 10 display/system language from Turkish to English

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yo beautiful people!

Bit of a silly one, I have a whole bunch of Win10 machines that came from Turkey. They were supposed to come with the region settings all set to UK English, but the Turks have been lazy, and it's too far in to "send them back!".

I've searched online, and there are a few PowerShell scripts that can change language settings, but I can't get them to work, they seem to change the keyboard, but not the system display language too.

I'm wondering if there's a simpler way, like a standalone utility where you select the language you want, and it does the rest?

I'm quite familiar with Windows 10 otherwise, and can do a lot with it, just changing system language isn't something I've ever needed to do or pay attention to.

Thanks.

Soldato
I had home version of windows vista with French system language, under license this did not have access to a multi-language pack which I thought was restricted to pro version.
there were some painful hacks that I tried until I purchased an english language win 7 version.

... so - check whether the license your machines have genuinely permit english

Soldato
Which build of Windows and do you get your updates direct from MS or an internal update server, e.g. SCCM/WSUS?

If directly from MS when you add a language all the optional features should download. Check in Settings, Apps & features and Manage optional features.

If the clients don't get their updates from MS then you'll need the cab files from the FOD (Featues on Demand) ISO. If you let me know which build of Windows I can upload the en-gb files to Google Drive.

It's been a while since I last installed the language pack and FOD but from my notes.

Language pack
- LP_en-GB.cab

Features on Demand
- Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-TextToSpeech-en-gb-Package.cab
- Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Speech-en-gb-Package.cab
- Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-OCR-en-gb-Package.cab
- Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Handwriting-en-gb-Package.cab
- Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Basic-en-gb-Package.cab

Install
- dism /online /add-package /packagepath:<path to cab>

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks! They are all Win 10 machines, not on the latest update but they are purely for CCTV software onboard our ships, so run on their own little internal network. Just a damn shame the Turks didn't do something so simple to spec... We do otherwise have a non floating SCCM/WSUS in place. But on the boats it's a little different in isolation.

Soldato
If you let me know which build they are, 1709, 1803 etc I'll extract the files from the ISO and upload them. Or you can download the ISO directly from MSDN or VLSC if you have access.

If you have time this MS doc explains the process in more detail.

Edit:

Here's the language pack and FOD for en-gb from the 1803 ISOs.

They take a while to install so don't panic if you think nothing is happening.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom