Commissario
Myself and a bunch of (what I'll loosely call) friends are off to Berlin for a weekend and we've got nothing really arranged for Saturday daytime yet.

We'll be dragging ourselves out of our pits with headaches (except for the one who drinks nothing but tea) and after breakfast we'll be looking for stuff to do until the evening when our entertainment is arranged.

Don't ask me where the hotel is, I've got no idea.

The tags may make it look as though this isn't serious but it actually is a genuine request - What is there to do in Berlin for a day?

Soldato
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2013/nov/29/a-day-in-kreuzberg-berlin

Failing that, head to the East Side gallery to tick the wall of your list (it's where most of the famous graffiti'd bits are), cross the bridge and wander around Kreuzberg. Have some good coffee and lunch and you'll be golden.

EDIT: Didn't realise Templehof airport is around there. That's pretty impressive to see.

Take cash.... And be prepared to hemorrhage said cash.
Yeah for some reason ze German's don't really take credit cards anywhere :confused: Highly annoying.

Commissario
OP
Yeah for some reason ze German's don't really take credit cards anywhere :confused: Highly annoying.
I've had that experience before. I went into a restaurant in Gütersloh and the first thing I asked was if they take cards. I was told yes so I had a meal, including a few drinks. When I went to pay with the company MasterCard, I was told that they didn't take it. I tried with my personal Visa and was told the same thing.
It turned out that they accepted debit cards on German banks only. I had no cash so they were quite happy to tell me where the nearest cash machine was and let me go to take some cash out and come back to pay them. Of course I did exactly that and when I went there again a few days later they remembered me and checked if I had cash :)

Commissario
OP
I'm a fan of all your tags!
Thanks, sadly only twenty are allowed otherwise there would be more :D

My main suggestion would be to head to Alexanderplatz and go up the tv tower for a few drinks and enjoy the views.
That's a good idea and one we've already thought about, along with the Reichstag building.

Anything Wall related is gonna be way too heavy on a hangover!
I agree.

Soldato
Honestly we stayed near Alexanderplatz and didn't think much of it. It's a bit like Leicester Square only massive. There's a big C&A (!!) and a lot of tourists. By all accounts the Sky Tower is rather tedious too, we didn't even bother. Head to Kreuzberg and embrace your inner hipster.

Back
Top Bottom