• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Soldato
Why's the bottom one look yellow with its lights? Is it rgb? (Curious)
It might be because the heat from the fans on top is heating the card and the colors change from green/yellow/orange/red

Or it could be a result of how it was photo'd :D

-------------------------------

I knew they were going to add tessellation to rt for that performance impact we all expect and love!

Soldato
Shiny Shiny.

With all these RTX videos, yeah. Even the black WWII car looks shiny......

ftWjsRVDdTPYJquoQmEay7-650-80.jpg

No wonder people are dazzled and pre-ordering. :p

Indeedy, playable at 4k without RT and 1080p with :p

hahaha. RTX is the opposite of DSR? :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I wonder what proportion of that huge die is the tensor cores for the ray tracing and ai stuff is taking?

It will be interesting to see how it all works. Will they have any affect on normal games, if not how will boost work with and without it being used? Say old games make zero use of it, does it mean the chip runs cooler and boosts further? Does this then mean less fps when it is enabled also due to less boost?

Even though I am not buying one and skipping to 7nm, I still like new tech and it will be interesting to see a detailed review covering such things. Getting one under water will also be interesting.

Soldato
I imagine this Tomb Raider running poorly thing is gonna be a driver issue.

Nvidia haven't released the Turing drivers yet surely?

There would be no point to a 2080ti if it can only run tomb Raider with Ray tracing on at 1080p.

No point in the rest of the line up if that was the case.

We should all go out and by Quadro cards if that's the case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom