*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
Ok thanks.

One other thing. Will the game be assigned to the console or the account? As I will be giving this to someone, can I delete the account afterwards? Perhaps I can use a generic name to register and purchase the game maybe.

Don
Ok thanks.

One other thing. Will the game be assigned to the console or the account? As I will be giving this to someone, can I delete the account afterwards? Perhaps I can use a generic name to register and purchase the game maybe.

Just don't redeem the code? Let them register a PSN name of their choice and then they can put in the FIFA code and its assigned to their account, not the console.

Associate
Sorry I think there is a bit of confusion in my original post. I just have the console itself not the bundle.

My main aim is to get it all setup and ready for them so they can just turn it on and play. They don't have an internet connection at their house.

Caporegime
OP
Nothing special, I used to go through many £250 headsets but found they were all a bit over-hyped and overkill. I just have some Turtle Beach wireless jobbies now, I can find out the name tomorrow but they cost around £60, they do the job and have 5.1 which is what I need.

just buy hyper x clouds. they are like £50 and much better than anything else under £200.

to upgrade from them you need to spend like you say £250 but that includes £120 towards a mixamp or some other form of external DAC/AMP.

Associate
I would have liked to get Fifa 19, but I fly back to the UK sometime next week so will have to give the PS4 to them before then.

Hopefully solved now I hope as I've managed to locate a shop that has a 2nd hand copy, so will try and pick this up on the weekend.

Soldato
Thought of a couple more n00b (do people still say "n00b"?) questions, if you guys don't mind.

When it comes to PS software/firmware, are updates automatic? Same with games actually - are patches automatically DLed and installed?

Speaking of games, apart from having the actual disc, is there any advantage buying digital vs physical? Does one type get discounted more than others? Any recommendations of where to buy games? Is secondhand still a thing with certain B&M stores?

Finally, any recommendations for YouTubers to follow for news and reviews?

Looks sick but I've already got a white Pro.

Hiya. How's the white look? Have been tempted to get my Pro in white, but I've no idea how it looks in the flesh! Is it a matte white?

Soldato
Speaking of games, apart from having the actual disc, is there any advantage buying digital vs physical? Does one type get discounted more than others? Any recommendations of where to buy games? Is secondhand still a thing with certain B&M stores?

Physical is normally cheaper if you're buying the game the day it comes out. Digital can be much cheaper with the sales they frequently have if you're prepared to wait 2-6 months.

Soldato
Thought of a couple more n00b (do people still say "n00b"?) questions, if you guys don't mind.

When it comes to PS software/firmware, are updates automatic? Same with games actually - are patches automatically DLed and installed?

If you have it in rest mode it will download and install patches, as for system updates I think it downloads them but you need to confirm the install when you next turn it on, but I may be wrong on that.

Soldato
Physical is normally cheaper if you're buying the game the day it comes out. Digital can be much cheaper with the sales they frequently have if you're prepared to wait 2-6 months.

If you have it in rest mode it will download and install patches, as for system updates I think it downloads them but you need to confirm the install when you next turn it on, but I may be wrong on that.

Good info. Thanks!

Soldato
White looks great, it's all matte with a shiny PS logo. Go for it.

Regarding digital/physical, I only go for digital during sales when some games can be had cheaper than physical copies and when I'm 100% sure I want a given title in my collection.
No disc swapping is a nice bonus.

Back
Top Bottom