*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Don
Which is exactly what I mean, far too early for Fury. Fighting Joshu in April gives him a more realistic target fitness wise. Theres a reason why Fury hasn't had a decent payday...
How realistic is a Joshua/Fury fight anytime soon with Fury signed to BT though? If it was a realistic possibility then I can see exactly why he'd dodge Wilder because he'd make more money fighting Joshua but if that fight is a long way off then it's probably for the best to take the money for the Wilder fight asap. Given what he's shown in the last 2 fights, it looks pretty certain that he's going to lose to Wilder but by getting it over and done with, it gives him plenty of time to beat a few bums and hype the AJ fight in a couple of years. Delaying a fight against Wilder (or AJ) just shortens the window of time available for him/his promoters to build him back up and hype a fight against AJ (or Wilder).

Don
Held back last night imo as wilder was ringside

All part of the game
That makes absolutely no sense. The fight was signed so no matter how good he looked, the fight was on. The fight was shown live in the US to hype the Wilder fight to boost PPV buys - he's probably done more harm than good with that performance.

Soldato
I really and I mean really struggle to understand how people think Fury is a decent fighter:confused: He's had one good fight against Wlad - even then he **** his pants when Wlad started throwing some punches in the final round. Before that he's hit himself with an uppercut and got put on his arse by a cruiserweight who couldn't puch at cruiserweight.

Good luck to him over in Vegas hope he wins as he is British but let's not kid ourselves.

Soldato
See a lot of people underestimating Fury, let's hope this continues and I can win some money on him when he beats Wilder. Form is temporary, class is permanent - and Fury is a class and clever boxer, and the pros know it.

Soldato
See a lot of people underestimating Fury, let's hope this continues and I can win some money on him when he beats Wilder. Form is temporary, class is permanent - and Fury is a class and clever boxer, and the pros know it.
I used to think that about Haye until bellew slapped him about. Fury just seems like his best days are over

Soldato

Please educate me what makes you think he has class? I've watched every pro fight of his from the CH5 days when it was funny to watch as it was like a pub brawl all the way through to Wlad. He won the belts fair play to him but it was hardly a decisive victory.

Genuine question what has he done that makes you think he's class?

Associate
There was a round where Fury had his hands down in the corner and was moving his head around avoiding punches with no gloves up. If he tries that with Wilder I think he's going to get smashed.

Soldato
The likes of Wilder and AJ can just march forward, get on the inside and unleash bombs as Fury has no power to worry them.

Still believe the Wlad that fought AJ would have done Fury.

Exactly this although I'm not sure about either of them having the chin to take free shots and march forward, the part about Wlad though is 100% my opinion too. I feel wilder is there to be hit, as is AJ, both have shown a bit of a wobble in their fights even although they have gone on to win.

I've watched Fury for a while and I really dont see what the fuss is about, he keeps going on about his movement and his boxing skills......

Caporegime
Exactly this although I'm not sure about either of them having the chin to take free shots and march forward, the part about Wlad though is 100% my opinion too. I feel wilder is there to be hit, as is AJ, both have shown a bit of a wobble in their fights even although they have gone on to win.

I've watched Fury for a while and I really dont see what the fuss is about, he keeps going on about his movement and his boxing skills......
AJ has been knocked over by Wlad and was wobbled by Whyte. Wlad, an all time great with 53 KO’s, so his punching power is unquestioned and Whyte is also a very solid puncher, as evidenced by his dropping of Parker, a man who had never been down before. Tyson just hasn’t got that level of power, there isn’t enough snap in his punches.

It’s why he bangs on about his skill so much. He tries to shift people’s attention onto his skill and boxing ability as he knows he’ll never be a KO artist. It’s also why he likens himself to a heavyweight sugar Ray Leonard. An amazing fighter who only had 3 straight KO’s in his entire 40 fight career.

Last edited:
Associate
Fury Wilder is an interesting fight - I don't think, genuinely there is a convincing argument that determines a clear winner....

On one had you have Wilder who has massive punching power, but seems like he lacks much else in the skill department and you have Fury, who lacks power and can move and box.....Its an interesting fight in my opinion.

Soldato
Fury Wilder is an interesting fight - I don't think, genuinely there is a convincing argument that determines a clear winner....

On one had you have Wilder who has massive punching power, but seems like he lacks much else in the skill department and you have Fury, who lacks power and can move and box.....Its an interesting fight in my opinion.

Simple way to answer that question do you think Fury can avoid Wilder for 12 rounds? I don't think he can, Wilder is quick and doesn't seem to tire when his windmilling starts.

Associate
Simple way to answer that question do you think Fury can avoid Wilder for 12 rounds? I don't think he can, Wilder is quick and doesn't seem to tire when his windmilling starts.

Fury can most certainly box and move, for an almost 7ft guy he moves well, if not very unorthodox. The simple fact is, all of the heavyweights have the power to KO anyone with a single punch.

In most of Wilders fights he has had a huge height and reach advantage, Fury poses a different threat this time - If he jabs and moves, im not sure Wilder will connect with his chin....

Back
Top Bottom