• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Don
Anybody that ordered in store from CPW heard anything? I bought mine on the 1 month rolling vodafone deal and was told I'd receive an activation text from vodafone the day before my handset arrives in store but I've already cancelled the deal with vodafone so I'm not sure I'll receive any messages now.

Soldato
Anybody that ordered in store from CPW heard anything? I bought mine on the 1 month rolling vodafone deal and was told I'd receive an activation text from vodafone the day before my handset arrives in store but I've already cancelled the deal with vodafone so I'm not sure I'll receive any messages now.

If the phone was part of a contract with Vodafone which you've cancelled then CPW probably cancelled your phone order.

The CPW activation code would have been the start of the Vodafone contract. Did Vodafone already have your details ready to start a new contract,? Assuming you cancelled with them directly.

Associate
I've ordered through CPW and selected collect in store, i've had a "were processing your order" email, not dispatched yet though.

Trading my S8+ for the 512Gb model

Don
If the phone was part of a contract with Vodafone which you've cancelled then CPW probably cancelled your phone order.

The CPW activation code would have been the start of the Vodafone contract. Did Vodafone already have your details ready to start a new contract,? Assuming you cancelled with them directly.
I received all my stuff through in the post from Vodafone with the start date of the contract being the 10th (the day I placed my order) but I was told on the phone by Vodafone that I'll only be billed from the day I receive my handset. When I spoke with them I just wanted to give them my 30 days notice to cancel but I was told that if I wanted they could cancel it at midnight the next day and I was told it wouldn't effect anything with my deal with CPW - I'd still be charged the first month's line rental etc.

edit: Just double checked everything by calling CPW and they say my order is still showing as due to be delivered to store on Friday and checked my account and see that Vodafone have already taken the 1 month line rental charge so touch wood everything is fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've ordered through CPW and selected collect in store, i've had a "were processing your order" email, not dispatched yet though.

Trading my S8+ for the 512Gb model

Same here, trading in a note 8 for the 128gb note 9.

Out of interest, have you been told how you need to trade your old phone in?
Is it in store or by post?

Associate
Same here, trading in a note 8 for the 128gb note 9.

Out of interest, have you been told how you need to trade your old phone in?
Is it in store or by post?

I've been told I can trade it in store when I pick note 9 up. I've backed up my photos etc, so will just do a factory reset in store and hand it over.

I just hope they honour the price of 465

Soldato
I've been told I can trade it in store when I pick note 9 up. I've backed up my photos etc, so will just do a factory reset in store and hand it over.

I just hope they honour the price of 465

Excellent, I've got all my bits & pieces backed up so can just factory reset before collection of the new one.
Just whip out my SIM card & jobs a good one :D

Associate
That's one of the reasons I let them take my Note 8 there and then. There is enough drama in my life without the added stress of potentially dropping an immaculate phone.

I already new that the trade in £575 was the best deal I'd ever get !

Soldato
OP
This always worries me lol

I've had my s8+ since launch day and it's in pristine condition. Not a mark on it and I dread this scenario once i know its going, either via trade in or private sale.

Like me 2 weeks ago dropped my Note 8 S pen stood on it and snapped in 1/2 .. had a nightmare getting a replacement

Associate
The official release date is 24th August though? Don't know why CPW are sending them out early, not that I'm complaining. Makes a change to receive a pre-order early!

Associate
First thing to do is check if its the hybrid sim version from CPW and report back! Should be on the back of the box.

Back
Top Bottom