Fiesta Metal (2012) Stereo connections \ USB

Soldato
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anybody has any experience with slightly older Fiesta stereos?

I'm trying to work out if mine could be considered "Sync". It has the old red writing display, but with bluetooth and usb connectivity.

I'm struggling to find a manual on the Ford site that covers this model. Seen quite a few posts about which talk about upgrading the firmware on the unit to help with connectivity with more modern phones, but wouldn't want to go ahead without checking first.

Basically I am looking for either a manual, model number or anything to help identify it. If it has bluetooth and USB doesnt this make it a "Sync" by default.

Cheers

Soldato
I don't think this system is considered a Ford Sync system no, I believe the original ford sync did things like read text messages and came on cars that had a small blue style screen. I have read in the past though people performing usb firmware updates in order to get audio through the bluetooth though (not sure if yours does already? I know the earlier ones allowed bluetooth calls but not music.

Associate
We had a 60 plate Titanium Fiesta with the red writing display. That was able to stream music from spotify, sat nav instructions etc, or you could have a USB stick on iPod plugged in too. We used to mainly use Spotify through it though.

Soldato
When I had a metal it worked with my iPhone at the time and had track names come up over bluetooth. It also worked over the USB and had time of tracks on that.

This one can be updated at a dealer.

Soldato
How did you get on with the Metal? Was tempted by an ST but want to keep the running costs down as much as possible.

I liked it when I had it but no comparison to the ST. I was always amazed at how differently they drove whilst being the same car effectively. Suspension setups totally different. I specced quite a few options on the Metal as it cost me nothing to do so with friends and family discount. I had everything a Fiesta ST3 + Parking Sensors would have on it so the Sony head unit, folding mirrors, auto headlights, auto wipers, keyless entry/start, auto dimming mirror etc... Made a rod for my own back by having so many options though as I want them all on any car going forward.

Only criticism of it was that it's slow. Was a momentum car. Liked to be revved high and once you trusted the floaty suspension you could rely on it in corners.

Running costs are no different. I average 36mpg in my metal over the course of 2 years. The ST can be more economical on a run due to the 6th gear. Same VED, same tyre size, same servicing etc...

qVMSvJw.jpg

GgqTOEJ.jpg

Had the ST for over 4 years now and no sign of it being sold any time soon. Walk to work currently so no need for anything else and can purely enjoy it.

UssWCIU.jpg

6JlYHLV.jpg

Back
Top Bottom