This really hurts.

Soldato
OP
This maybe a bizarre question but is there some sort of etiquette for what a deceased person wears in her coffin. I have sorted out her favourite dress but should I include bra, pants and tights?
What about shoes or jewellery, the nurses suggested that I remove her gold chain, gold charm bracelet and earrings when Edie died? I gave the bracelet and chain to Edie's 18 year old granddaughter, seemed the right thing to do at the time, now I am not so sure if it was the appropriate time?

Associate
I have not lost anyone this close to me like you have and am very sorry for your loss.

I guess there is no real 'correct' way of taking care of the details after a death. I would say that if it's what Edie and you would want to happen then that will be the right way of doing it. If you remain unsure then your family will be there to support, lean on them as much as you wish and ask them what they think.

Hopefully this helps in some small way as I am pretty rubbish at this sort of thing.

Soldato
OP
SxK1ZuP.jpg.png

Today at 11am I said final farewell to my partner of 35 years Edith Jolly who died suddenly on the 14th of August. I have chosen these two pieces of music Eva Cassidy with orchestra - Fields of gold for the beginning and Snow Patrol -Chasing Cars for the end.
Being an average bloke I know little of flowers but with the help of a female friend put this together.
I may well get ****** today for the first time in a year or so, have a cry and then close the door on this long chapter of my life.

Edie will be missed greatly.

bbTxv2N.jpg.png
Wn9FfwD.jpg.png

Associate
Sorry to hear of your loss mate.

As I said in another thread a few days ago, my mother died a few years ago, and I have seen the effect loosing a wife and soulmate had on my own father.

I know this will not help you right now, but stay strong, the pain never leaves you, but I promise you will learn to cope......

Look after yourself....

Vinny.

Soldato
Sorry for your loss, only been with my wife 11 years but i'd be a broken man if anything happened to her. Reading your posts has me welling up a touch, stay strong.

Soldato
Really sorry to hear this, my condolences in every way.

If you don't have anybody to talk to and have things on your mind, consider going to therapy or speaking to a councillor. I started last week and its already helping. Either way I hope you are able to deal with this awful situation and reflect back on the good times you had rather than over think the sorrow. Good advice is to not ignore any feelings - address them, being upset or angry is a normal emotion. Maybe try and take up a hobby or something to help fill the time

- GP

Back
Top Bottom