• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Well, maybe I am quite excited... woke twice in the night and didn't have the best nights sleep cause of it! Been the gym nice and early. Checked the doorbell works :) Now just the waiting game.

Do enjoy your vids Andy, interested to see what you think of it.

Im just setting mine up and im enjoying it even though its not much of an update from my note 8. One of the apps you recommend on one of your videos was Speakerphone EX which Ive been using for a while and is useful. ive just gone to install it but it don't seem to be available anymore. Do you or anyone know of any alternative?

Ta

Soldato
Well, maybe I am quite excited... woke twice in the night and didn't have the best nights sleep cause of it! Been the gym nice and early. Checked the doorbell works :) Now just the waiting game.
I'm the exact same when new shiny stuff is being delivered. I purposely stopped purchasing expensive items before bed time now because I end up lying awake for hours with anticipation or buyer's remorse!
Loved your 2XL video last year, almost the reason I bought one myself in the end. Will wait patiently to see this one.

Associate
Yesterday was the first time I'd bought a phone instore in like forever. It was surreal driving their to pick it up from Carphone Warehouse. Beats hanging around for delivery and listening to every diesel vehicle driving slowly outside the house.

Of course the police blocked off a major road on the way back home which added to my drama.

Don
So many dad's here wanting to get Fortnite skins for their 'sons' ;)

I did already help magicroundabout out with this last night so if there's anybody else that isn't going to use this themselves, maybe they can help Spartak and lmfy2k out.

Associate

Has it turned up yet Andy?

Where did you get the Note from? Which one did you get?

Soldato
Yep, half way through recording the unboxing video. Just waiting for data to transfer from my Pixel at the moment.

I got it from eBay when they had the 15% off offer last week. The guy picked it up yesterday morning and RMSD Sat delivered it to me. :)

Associate
I didn't receive a charger either. They knew about the promo at the store but didn't know if it was supposed to come automatically, or you add in basket or it comes via post later lol. They said I've got to ring customer services. Hope it's not a pain get as dealing with CPW so far has been great.

In terms of phone, wow, what a beast. Coming from an s8+ I wasnt sure what to expect in terms of a leap forward. I wouldn't say it's a giant leap but the screen quality is noticeably better, the speed and performance is noticeably better. Everything else I'll determine over time of course but I'm very happy with it.

The overall size of the phone isn't that much larger st all. Very little in it in fact. The weight though is loads heavier!

* in fact just been on the website and can't see the charger on offer with the note 9 now*

Been on the phone this morning to CPW customer services, they tried to said it was a limited offer and not everyone would get one. Even if you pre-ordered almost immediately. I complained, bit of discussions occured and they are sending me one in the post :cool:

Caporegime
Android infuriates me at times. Can someone please tell me how to give access to the SD card fro third party apps? In trying to delete pictures in the Piktures app but it says I need to give access, follow the steps but there is no option to show the SD root directory.

Associate
Probably weird app. Normally within the app you grant it access You shouldn't have to grant it permission outside of the app unless you dismissed away the permissions prompt.

Permissions are in app settings under permissions. Should be a storage permission

Caporegime
Probably weird app. Normally within the app you grant it access You shouldn't have to grant it permission outside of the app unless you dismissed away the permissions prompt.

Permissions are in app settings under permissions. Should be a storage permission

It's doing it for every third party gallery app I've tried. App permissions have storage on but this is been more needy. I've had this problem every time and can't fix until the app it uses to find the root SD directory actually shows it.

Associate
Well that's kinda strange. Wonder if you've activated some kind of additional security.

I installed a file manager app and just granted it storage permission and it can access everything including external sd card fine.

Associate
Apparently they are supposed to arrive separately within 14 days.

Ah that's good to hear thanks!

Mine had a software update last night, upto '1 August 2018' security patch level. Build number N960FXXU1ARH5. Makes a change to get a prompt update, my S8+ was stuck on 'CRAP' Feb 1st patch level.

Soldato
When is the 512GB version getting released ?
Amazon uk only says pre-order and gives no release date..:(

As sometimes feel like I be mad if I no pay out the extra £165 for the 8Gb/512GB version

But then I change mind to feeling like I be mad paying out the extra for the 512gb version when I have a habit of changing my mobile phone every year or 2 years..:p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom