Nintendo Apply For N64 Trademark (N64 Mini?)

Caporegime
I'd assume Goldeneye won't be on it because of rights issues which is a tragedy really, best game on N64 by far. Perfect Dark may have been sequals but they never really had the same atmosphere in my book.

Associate
I'm not so sure about Goldeneye, if it were that Rare owned the rights to say where it goes then surely it would have featured on Xbox similar to Perfect Dark.

That said it's aged very badly.. much like as I suspect a lot of the games on N64, I mean 1 stick?! not a world I'd like to return to.

Man of Honour
I'm not so sure about Goldeneye, if it were that Rare owned the rights to say where it goes then surely it would have featured on Xbox similar to Perfect Dark.

That said it's aged very badly.. much like as I suspect a lot of the games on N64, I mean 1 stick?! not a world I'd like to return to.

I played singleplayer using dual analog controls, and multiplayer using the dpad and 1 analog stick which worked very well. The standard controls were indeed rubbish.

Caporegime
I agree without Rareware titles it'll be heavily lacking. Blast Corps is still amazing. They do still have a bunch of solid titles to pick from though.

Mario Kart, Zelda, Mario 64, Lylatt wars, Pilot wings, Turok 2 multiplayer I would rate higher than Goldeneye, Body Harvest, 1080, Rogue Squadron, F Zero X, Waverace. Agreed Rare's missing games but I'm am sure it will be hacked and you can play them all on Rare replay which I do.

Man of Honour
C buttons plus stick was where it was at. Solitaire iirc. Made me play Southpaw until I was forced to relearn for agent under fire on the GameCube.

I could never get used to using the left thumb for aiming so I put up with the tricky A/B buttons to have better control. Stomped all over my mates who were too dim to use the superior controls as they always stood still to aim.

Caporegime
I could never get used to using the left thumb for aiming so I put up with the tricky A/B buttons to have better control. Stomped all over my mates who were too dim to use the superior controls as they always stood still to aim.

It helps when you are ambidextrous. I now use the "normal console setup" but still played Southpaw up until a few years ago but got sick and tired of having to make my right hand into a claw so relearnt into the more traditional method. All thanks to countless hours of licence to kill where reaction was everything!

Man of Honour
It helps when you are ambidextrous. I now use the "normal console setup" but still played Southpaw up until a few years ago but got sick and tired of having to make my right hand into a claw so relearnt into the more traditional method. All thanks to countless hours of licence to kill where reaction was everything!

Timesplitters was what got me into standard controls, but Rare had many great options with Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

Soldato
Mario Kart, Zelda, Mario 64, Lylatt wars, Pilot wings, Turok 2 multiplayer I would rate higher than Goldeneye, Body Harvest, 1080, Rogue Squadron, F Zero X, Waverace. Agreed Rare's missing games but I'm am sure it will be hacked and you can play them all on Rare replay which I do.

Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Goldeneye, Blast Corps, Killer Instinct, Diddy Kong Racing and Jet Force Gemini are all among the best games on the system in my opinion and will be sorely missed.

Sadly I don't have an Xbox so I can't play Rare Replay. If it came out on PC I would snap it up all day.

Caporegime
Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Goldeneye, Blast Corps, Killer Instinct, Diddy Kong Racing and Jet Force Gemini are all among the best games on the system in my opinion and will be sorely missed.

Sadly I don't have an Xbox so I can't play Rare Replay. If it came out on PC I would snap it up all day.

Donkey Kong Country is on Snes mini so hopefully we will at least get Nintendo IP titles.

Associate
I'll be skipping this if it does ever see the light of day and wait patiently for the GC classic. Luigi's Mansion, Eternal Darkness, Rogue Leader/Squadron, Mario Sunshine (suck it haters!), Pikmin...the list goes on and on.

Caporegime
I'll be skipping this if it does ever see the light of day and wait patiently for the GC classic. Luigi's Mansion, Eternal Darkness, Rogue Leader/Squadron, Mario Sunshine (suck it haters!), Pikmin...the list goes on and on.

I still have my GameCube although mainly play the games through Wii as it has component that is easy to get. N64 is more memorable for me at least. Although I did have hours of fun playing PSO online.

Back
Top Bottom