Retro console and games thread

Associate
Latest addition to the saturn collection from cex, happy with how the saturn collection is coming on now.

40152173_204099036951040_5759200519985823744_n.jpg

Soldato
I completed my first GBA game today after owning one or a DS for about 5 years on and off... Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (!) it's surprisingly good - quite quick levels, regular save points really nice art work fun simple gameplay. Now to play a real game!

Associate
Hey guys so ive ordered a rca to hdmi to hook up to my pc monitor. How can I go about getting sound from my NES? Or will I have to use it on my tv instead

Assuming the monitor doesn't have speakers then you'll have to take the red RCA from the NES into some speakers. If you don't have RCA inputs then you could get a cheap RCA to 3.5mm female cable and plug in your normal PC speakers to that.

It seems quite a lot of work though when your TV would probably do a nicer job of it. :)

Soldato
Assuming the monitor doesn't have speakers then you'll have to take the red RCA from the NES into some speakers. If you don't have RCA inputs then you could get a cheap RCA to 3.5mm female cable and plug in your normal PC speakers to that.

It seems quite a lot of work though when your TV would probably do a nicer job of it. :)

Thanks mate, my screen is "27 and my tv is "60+ just worried it'll look silly on the big screen?

Soldato
Apparently my TV has this... will it be enough?

Component Video Input shared with Composite RCA phono type x 1 (rear)
CI (Common Interface) 1
Scart Connector 1 (rear)
USB yes (ver.2.0)
SD Card
LAN Port 1 (rear)
Digital Audio Output (Optical) 1 (rear)
Headphone Jack 1 (side)
Service Port

Soldato
Been having way too much fun recently picking games up recently, the Neo Geo is slowly being a hit with work colleagues and I'm convincing several to get one to make more use of the link cable.Turns out Puzzle Link 2 is worryingly addictive. Could not resist a boxed English copy of Biomotor Uniton just sitting in CEX round the corner for one of my offices, they had no idea what it was!

Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2 are the reason I've been so excited to own a Saturn and they don't disappoint

Associate
Been having way too much fun recently picking games up recently, the Neo Geo is slowly being a hit with work colleagues and I'm convincing several to get one to make more use of the link cable.Turns out Puzzle Link 2 is worryingly addictive. Could not resist a boxed English copy of Biomotor Uniton just sitting in CEX round the corner for one of my offices, they had no idea what it was!

Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2 are the reason I've been so excited to own a Saturn and they don't disappoint

Panzer Dragoon Saga is the one to really go for, I never played more than a demo disk and loved it. I could never get it though (the cost is :eek::eek::eek:).

Soldato
Panzer Dragoon Saga is the one to really go for, I never played more than a demo disk and loved it. I could never get it though (the cost is :eek::eek::eek:).

Yeah I've upset my self looking at how much it is complete! I know getting it would just lead to one of those conversations of the 101 that could have been had instead of it... First two are great fun for now and I can do my personal savings to get Saga eventually...

Back
Top Bottom