*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
Hidden message in the last frame:

Sorry to have kept you waiting for this for so long! Did you like what you saw? Because for us, the fact that we're finally showing you Cyberpunk 2077 is HUGE. Please go to our forums, twitter, facebook, discord, and do tell what you think. Is the game world how you imagined? Do you see what we meant by "immersion" when we talked about CP2077 being an FPP RPG? How does our vision of "cyberpunk by day" make you feel? We really want to know. Aside from that, we think we owe you a few words of explanation on why we're showing you this gameplay now, some time after industry professionals and media saw it at E3 and gamescom. Each time we discussed the idea of showing the game to you (and we discussed this idea a lot), we were ending up in this "we're not 100% sure" limbo. Why? Because (for most people), when a game dev shows gameplay footage from their game, it means that this is how the game is going to look or play like. It's not the case here. Cyberpunk 2077 is deep in development. We have a lot of design ideas, a lot of mechanics being playtested, but we don't know what we'll end up with at launch. This makes publishing videos like what you just saw risky --we don't want gamers saying 'but in that previous video that gun was shooting differently', or 'why did you change the interface?'. Change is inherent to game development and there's a ton of things being modified each day. Our fear was (and kind of still is) that you'll think what you just saw is how Cyberpunk 2077 will look like. What gave us that extra confidence to show you a work in progress game? Good initial feedback from people who are accustomed to see games at various stages of development. What they told us (and they told us they really liked what they saw) gave us the boost we needed to show the current version of Cyberpunk 2077 to the most passionate and insightful audience --you. So here's what Cyberpunk 2077 looks like today (or rather looked like when we recorded the video). We sincerely hope you liked it. Again, thank you for your patience and all the thoughts you shared with us.

Yours,

Soldato
Sorry, that block of text is really hard to read :)

Hidden message in the last frame:

Sorry to have kept you waiting for this for so long! Did you like what you saw? Because for us, the fact that we're finally showing you Cyberpunk 2077 is HUGE.
Please go to our forums, twitter, facebook, discord, and do tell what you think. Is the game world how you imagined? Do you see what we meant by "immersion" when we talked about CP2077 being an FPP RPG? How does our vision of "cyberpunk by day" make you feel? We really want to know.

Aside from that, we think we owe you a few words of explanation on why we're showing you this gameplay now, some time after industry professionals and media saw it at E3 and gamescom. Each time we discussed the idea of showing the game to you (and we discussed this idea a lot), we were ending up in this "we're not 100% sure" limbo. Why? Because (for most people), when a game dev shows gameplay footage from their game, it means that this is how the game is going to look or play like. It's not the case here.

Cyberpunk 2077 is deep in development. We have a lot of design ideas, a lot of mechanics being playtested, but we don't know what we'll end up with at launch. This makes publishing videos like what you just saw risky --we don't want gamers saying 'but in that previous video that gun was shooting differently', or 'why did you change the interface?'. Change is inherent to game development and there's a ton of things being modified each day. Our fear was (and kind of still is) that you'll think what you just saw is how Cyberpunk 2077 will look like.

What gave us that extra confidence to show you a work in progress game? Good initial feedback from people who are accustomed to see games at various stages of development.
What they told us (and they told us they really liked what they saw) gave us the boost we needed to show the current version of Cyberpunk 2077 to the most passionate and insightful audience --you. So here's what Cyberpunk 2077 looks like today (or rather looked like when we recorded the video). We sincerely hope you liked it. Again, thank you for your patience and all the thoughts you shared with us.

Soldato
Looks like a child of GTA and Mass Effect but with more fidelity and detail. Honestly I don't know how I feel about that yet. I didn't get any RPG vibes from it at all, even the VO kept saying "Remember this is an RPG" but I'm not seeing it. It felt more like "GTA Cyberpunk" with new dialogue interactions. I get the feeling, given how CDPR have been admittedly shy about revealing information, that they too feel similar. You shouldn't have to keep telling your audience what type of game it is.

I'm not hating on it or anything, the game world itself looks incredible, the size and density of detail, and all with no loading zones. Incredible. I'm sure it'll be a great game, it's just not hitting those RPG notes I love so much. Also I'm not a huge fan of the Cyberpunk setting so that's probably a big factor.

If they include the hand crafted character conversations of Witcher 3 then I'm sure it'll be a massive improvement because judging by that video it felt a little bit Fallout in how it handled dialogue and character interactions in the world space.

Caporegime
So I reckon if they were more than 2 years out from launch they wouldn't be showing this. Makes me think they're looking for a Fall/Christmas 2019 launch.

Soldato
So I reckon if they were more than 2 years out from launch they wouldn't be showing this. Makes me think they're looking for a Fall/Christmas 2019 launch.

That's good, gives me time to save for a big up grade, looks like I'll need it! 7nm Ryzen, UW monitor and a new GPU.

Man of Honour
Graphically mixed, they've spent a lot of time and attention on some relatively small things that can really make or break immersion to be fair the world looks and feels interesting. The combat and general mechanics though I'm not feeling at all.

Associate
After hearing the feedback surrounding the secretive reveal at E3 I become intrigued by this game, now I've seen that Gameplay I've decided this is a game I'm very much interested in getting! I think there will still be considerable changes but I'd like to hope they don't rip up what they've done there too much as it looks fantastic.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Apart from graphics which don't look like anything special, I really like what I have seen so far. Kind of hard to have great graphics in a open world game like that with so much going on the screen. The art style and attention to detail is very good though. It will only get better by the time it is released.

From what I have seen it will easily be my game of the year. Hopefully we get a 2019 release date as I predicted years ago :D

That's good, gives me time to save for a big up grade, looks like I'll need it! 7nm Ryzen, UW monitor and a new GPU.
7nm Ryzen with a 3080Ti and 4K monitor will be how I will likely be playing it :D

Maxed out IQ FTW ;)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I thought the graphics looked great.
What qualifies as amazing these days? Honest question, as I'm obviously out of touch on this.
Amazing to me would be something yet unseen or at the very least noticeably better than what we have now. Also must try to distinguish level and art design away from graphics. All you have to do is look at the car or the npc's and surely you can see the graphics are nothing special. The level of detail is, but not the graphics.

This was running on a 1080Ti though, I am sure by the time it is released and we have 7nm cards available we will have higher graphics settings. They probably learned their lesson with what they did with the Witcher 3 where they toned the graphics down for release and likely will be doing the opposite this time around. At least I hope so :)

Soldato
When a game is set in a large, open world city, there is a pre conceived notion that a good proportion of the buildings will be explorable. I think this is compounded by the high expectations people have. So, I wonder, how much of Night City will be explorable....

Soldato
Not gonna lie, this is what I wanted to see Deus Ex evolve into after Human Revolution. I think it was even the plan at one point, as I remember there was going to be a Deus Ex World game which was an online rpg and then it didn't happen.

I am so glad someone has been brave enough to do this game. Fallout series has been ok, but I have always beeen more interested in cyberpunk type games, and this game looks great.

Man of Honour
as I remember there was going to be a Deus Ex World game which was an online rpg and then it didn't happen.

That was the original intention from what I can make out after HR they were supposed to be making something a bit like The Division with a sort of open world and more persistence that would get areas/story added to it over time. It seems to have been totally canned at some point.

Back
Top Bottom