Shooting at live Twitch Madden tournament - four reported to be dead

Associate
S
People arguing for gun control laws, do you realize this wouldn't work in the slightest? How many shootings in the US are from legally owned guns and what kind of gun restrictions are you talking about? Are you talking about hand guns, or semi automatics? Do you have any knowledge of how to purchase a firearm in the US?
America boarders basically a third world nation with horrendous cartels and a very easy stream of illegal firearms, the "ban guns" comments are absolutely stupid, its never going to happen.

We banned knives (LOL) from being sold to specific groups of people, has that had any impact on the rates of stabbings?

"Yup, the US is too far gone now." - While we have record levels of violent crime, acid attacks, rape en mass, people being arrested for memes, but it's America that is too far gone :rolleyes:

A tragic event for sure.

Spot on.

I retract my statement that youre all muppets.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Queue people coming in blaming Americas gun laws....

You're all simpletons man. Seriously.

Ban guns. Go on. Then Knives will be used.
If someone wants to kill people they can do it without guns ffs.....
Seen all these van killings lately in Europe? I don't see you muppets coming into the threads saying 'BAN VANS!' ffs

I blame the fact the guy was on SSRI's like EVERY. SINGLE one of these shooters.

You would have more of an argument blaming videogames and SSRI drugs.

AND FFS, WHY DOES THE NEWS GIVE THESE THINGS SO MUCH COVERAGE.

The news for these sorts of things should be kept locally. Not broadcast worldwide so you can give the shooter his 5 mins of fame. This sort of reporting creates more of them.
This is exactly what these disenfranchised, doped up videogame playing loons want!

The media is playing a HUGE part in CREATING more of these situations.

lol.

Have more legislation in place to stop people on these medicationswith clear mental health issues buying guns. It gets coverage because it's a MASSIVE ******* PROBLEM.

p.s they might use a knife, but it's unlikely they'll be anywhere near as 'successful'

Soldato

Seen all these van killings lately in Europe? I don't see you muppets coming into the threads saying 'BAN VANS!' ffs

I blame the fact the guy was on SSRI's like EVERY. SINGLE one of these shooters.

The news for these sorts of things should be kept locally. Not broadcast worldwide so you can give the shooter his 5 mins of fame. This sort of reporting creates more of them.
This is exactly what these disenfranchised, doped up videogame playing loons want!

You've literally just pointed out that it is the gun law that is pretty much the issue....

Soldato
No, no I haven't.

If guns were illegal over there.....the guy would have maybe. Built a bomb? Used a truck? Stabbed people?

You're displacing the blame away from the PERSON onto a GUN.

Jesus.

Well based on the rest of the world at least such incidents would be considerably less.

What purpose does your gun serve, other than to kill people?

Soldato
Nobody is calling for all guns to be illegal, why do pro gun people always take gun laws as meaning a blanket ban?

because it's a slippery slope don'tyaknow, the moment they put a 6 month waiting time on buying a semi-automatic rifle then in a few years time the cia will be breaking down doors and confiscating your guns, then because the government isn't scared of the people any more we'll end up in a communist dictatorship.

of course anyone with half a brain knows the truth- gun restrictions reduce ease of access to guns, less mass shootings happen, public will to do anything about guns diminishes, guns don't become illegal, end of story.

Associate

You don't think the laws that allow someone with mental health issues to legally own guns is an issue?
If you were trapped in a room with a maniac wielding a) a knife or b) a gun which would you chose? It's a lot harder to butcher half a dozen people than pull a trigger a few times in a fit of rage.
You ever tried taking a delivery from a hand gun btw? It's hard work.

Oh, and I think you'll find the flow of guns is south into Mexico - helping fuel the drug trade and insane cartels.

Soldato

Lax gun laws are 100% the problem. Why can someone with mental health issues legally buy a gun? Why can someone own a gun without any sort of training or license? Vans are more regulated than guns btw.

Wouldn't you rather some nutter come into a room you're in with a knife than an AR15?

Also, the majority of the shooting news is kept locally. Did you hear about the 5 people being shot in a bar near me last week? Probably not because it was only covered on the local news as it's a such common thing around here. Someone broke into the house across from my in-laws and ended up getting shot, I'm not even sure that made the local news.

I kind of agree with the rest of your point about the media. IMO they shouldn't report the shooter's name or display any picture of them as it's giving them their 5 mins of fame.

I haz 4090!
Don

I'm not even sure where to start with this.

This guy wasn't a terrorist, or a hardened criminal. He was a nerdy guy who lost at a computer game, went to his car, got his legally obtained gun, and shot people there.

Yes, you're correct; you can kill people with weapons that aren't guns. However, it's a lot harder to kill a room full of people with a knife than a gun. It's imperative that you keep in mind who this person was. He didn't have any form of military training, it's unlikely he would have gone to his car, pulled out a knife, and ran back in there furiously trying to stab everyone. The ease of purchasing a handgun legally was the difference.

Do you think he was the type of personality to go to gangs to purchase an illegal gun?

I don't want to be drawn into the "let's ban guns!" debate, but you also seem to be ignoring the fact that other countries have banned guns as a result of atrocities, and this has hugely cut down on gun crime.

Also, a note on the SSRI comment. Did it cross your mind that the issue may not be the drugs themselves, but the underlying conditions that they're supposed to treat?

Caporegime
The mother seems rather too open to talk about her child as if he was deserving of this... I wonder what part she and the father had to play in their child's mental faculties.

Soldato

I dont come in here very often, but this grabbed me. What a lot of kack. Do you know what an SSRI is? Hell, I take Prozac (fluoxetine), its an SSRI... do I want to go round shooting people up. No. Have these issues been in existence since 1986 when prozac hit the shelves?

Man of Honour
I dont come in here very often, but this grabbed me. What a lot of kack. Do you know what an SSRI is? Hell, I take Prozac (fluoxetine), its an SSRI... do I want to go round shooting people up. No. Have these issues been in existence since 1986 when prozac hit the shelves?

...and if you could you would not be able to easily get a gun, unless you asked that Asim bloke with his ready supply of Uzi 9mm's

Soldato
USA as a whole, not a single person, as in this is to be expected in the USA, and this is what will happen with their current gun laws. If we legalise gun ownership in the UK, mass shootings is what we'll get.

Don't talk *****. You do know some guns are legal here already? I'm in northern Ireland and I can own many handguns yet you don't see us running around causing mass shootings.

Caporegime
Don't talk *****. You do know some guns are legal here already? I'm in northern Ireland and I can own many handguns yet you don't see us running around causing mass shootings.

Uhh i mean as someone from NI, you should probably realise the reasons for the desire not to escalate things. Even then there's plenty of shootings recently in NI, particularly around revenge.

Plus such guns are strictly not allowed on the mainland, legally anyway, so it's a bit of an outlier.

Commissario
No, no I haven't.

If guns were illegal over there.....the guy would have maybe. Built a bomb? Used a truck? Stabbed people?

You're displacing the blame away from the PERSON onto a GUN.

Jesus.
Erm, how many people can build a bomb at a moments notice or would carry one?
How many people will lose their temper and go out and get a truck and drive it inside a school or arena?
How many knives do you know that are effective at distance, repeatedly and rapidly for people with little or no training?

Guns are pretty much unique in that they're easy to carry, so you can carry them all the time (in countries stupid enough to allow it when there isn't a real reason), thus they are there when someone loses their temper.
Guns are not "close" weapons, you can't avoid them by simply getting on the other side of a bit of furniture/door, or more than a few feet of distance.

If guns were harder to get, it would make a huge difference to the "spur of the moment" type killings, and make it harder for someone to kill a lot of people without them having a chance.

Soldato
Switzerland and Finland have very high gun ownership, but you don't read about mass shootings.

There's a lot of guns in Scandinavia and Europe, but no real gun culture like in the US. They don't obsess over them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom