**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Associate
OK thanks for the info. I've emailed him and said that if he doesn't respond by Sunday evening I'm going to report this to the Police.

Associate
No not at all - I've emailed him, reported it and got a crime number, and also raised a case with PayPal to get the £54 back and not heard a peep at all.
I can think of 3 scenarios: 1) abroad and no phone cover 2) Ill in hospital & 3) deliberate avoidance.
Its all very strange.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
What kind of battery life are people getting since the upgrade to Oreo?

I'm getting about 3 hours screen time from of a full charge.

I'm sure before I was getting more as I never used to have to charge when get home from work but do now.

Soldato
@A2Z yeah same probably 3-4 hrs versus 5+ when it was brand new. I don't think that's Oreo related though... Combination of battery degradation, and more and more apps being installed, I reckon. I could try a factory reset, but cba to set everything up again :p

@muon tell me more... The Note 9 does look quite tasty...

Caporegime
OP
Having occasional issues with battery life, not very often but heavy battery use even just while sitting on my desk at work. Example 96% when I left for work at 8:30, by 12 it was on 23% and I used it a couple of times on my break. Restarted and charged it to around 80% and it was fine for the rest of the day and has been since. No plans to change any time soon anyway.

Associate
Hi, first post here. I need some advice about my S7 Edge SM-G935K. I have been living in S. Korea for the last 3 years which is where I got this phone through KT. The splash screen comes up as KT and has all the usual KT utility apps installed (albeit in Korean which I can't read!). However I just moved back to my home country (UK) and got a sim card for EE. Everything works fine apart from the cellular data. I only get 3G or sometimes Edge, never 4G. EE has tried to help with the APNs but nothing changes it. They say there's nothing wrong from their end and I should be able to get 4G so it must be the phone. Obviously KT are going to be a bit tricky to get any help from now Im back in the UK. Anyone else have any experience of KT phones?
I am not a tech professional or particular expert in anyway with software or hardware so any really broken down info would be massively appreciated.
Thanks.

Soldato
I would actually still be happy to keep my S7 Edge until next phone cycle in March but I'm lucky if I'm on 3 hours SoT now.

That's with 1080p screen, Bluetooth off, Always On turned off, etc. Time for a trade in while they are still worth something.

Associate
I kept the S4 for 3 years, and provided I dont drop the S7 Edge I will keep it for 3 years as well.. Its still a brilliant phone, battery lasts me the full day, no random reboots (which is why I got rid of the S4), so lets wait and see what Samsung brings out next year.

Soldato
I kept the S4 for 3 years, and provided I dont drop the S7 Edge I will keep it for 3 years as well.. Its still a brilliant phone, battery lasts me the full day, no random reboots (which is why I got rid of the S4), so lets wait and see what Samsung brings out next year.

Same here. Had the S4 for 3 years and planning to do the same with the S7 Edge I bought on release. Battery isn't what it used to be, but I might have a crack at swapping that out when I eventually get a new phone as I ideally want to pass it on to a family member.

I'm considering the Pixel 3 depending on how favoured it is in the reviews. Otherwise I'll wait for Samsung's next phone or go for a Note 9 when the price comes down.

Associate
Hi Folks,

I have just picked up an S7 from Gumtree with O2 firmware running 8.0. I have a BT contract and am therefore unable to use Wifi calling. There appears to be hope if I flash to BTU or EVR firmware apparently as this may allow Wifi calling.

I have never done this before although it look relatively straightforward. It appears that BTU get more frequent updates, so on that understanding is there any reason not to flash to BTU?

Thanks

Associate
Hi, first post here. I need some advice about my S7 Edge SM-G935K. I have been living in S. Korea for the last 3 years which is where I got this phone through KT. The splash screen comes up as KT and has all the usual KT utility apps installed (albeit in Korean which I can't read!). However I just moved back to my home country (UK) and got a sim card for EE. Everything works fine apart from the cellular data. I only get 3G or sometimes Edge, never 4G. EE has tried to help with the APNs but nothing changes it. They say there's nothing wrong from their end and I should be able to get 4G so it must be the phone. Obviously KT are going to be a bit tricky to get any help from now Im back in the UK. Anyone else have any experience of KT phones?
I am not a tech professional or particular expert in anyway with software or hardware so any really broken down info would be massively appreciated.
Thanks.
You may be able to flash the csc from a uk rom.
Or unlock/root and flash a custom G935F rom

Associate
ah don't worry about it, its not your fault, you gave the best advice you could at the time :)
any whereabouts about on your devices? The last thing the guy spoke to me was when he said he had shipped back my device and he went quiet for a few weeks and came back with and update saying the device is stuck in customs and his partner had a miscarriage. this was like in early August and I haven't heard a word since then. I hope my device isn't stuck in some facility near me and I really need a reference number soon.

Associate
Let us know what happens...........

In the mean time, I think I might need a name change :o

I have read on here that you have done business with this company?

by any chance you know the name of the company that does their shipping?

They had been inactive for weeks now and I'm kinda worried my device will get returned to sender..

Back
Top Bottom