Academic strip searched = police complaint and PTSD

Soldato
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ff-passive-resistance-before-met-strip-search

Just wondering what people's opinions are on this story.

She interfered with a stop and search being conducted by the police, one where they actually found a 6-inch knife in his sock and ended up being arrested, refusing to say anything but "no comment", refused to move off the cage floor and was ultimately strip-searched and then cleared of any wrongdoing.

The desk officer now stands to lose his job over it.

I don't understand why people don't just comply with the police, most are good people doing a good and difficult job, they are usually always pleasant if you are. In my mind, she brought it on herself and is the victim of her own doing.

Soldato
She didn't technically do anything to warrant an arrest. I think she was within her rights handing the card. The police are probably overworked, under resourced and have high targets to meet. Also all the political leanings and job rules they have to abide by led to an explosive situation.

It's the old world meets the new.

Quite hot also.

Man of Honour
Why was she stripped and searched? Seems completely unnecessary and an abuse of power.

I tend to agree that complying with the police is usually in your best interest, however I don’t believe you should let them do whatever they want just because they’re police. People get treated awfully by the police and if they’re being heavy handed or not giving adequate reasons for their actions you should be free to refuse to comply with them.

Soldato
She was strip searched after refusing to tell police her identity.....did they think it was going to be tattooed on her nethers??

She was being dick no doubt but from what I read it hardly warranted being strip searched.

Soldato
She had her own reasons for refusing to speak to them and that doesn’t justify taking measures into your own hands by performing a strip search when it’s stated that it isn’t grounds to do so, so the article says.

Soldato
She was arrested on suspicion of obstructing and assaulting police. Then didn't give her name and behaved in a mentally unstable way. She was an unknown and could have posed a risk to herself or police, so they strip searched her.

That is their view, but who really knows.

Caporegime
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ff-passive-resistance-before-met-strip-search

Just wondering what people's opinions are on this story.

She interfered with a stop and search being conducted by the police, one where they actually found a 6-inch knife in his sock and ended up being arrested, refusing to say anything but "no comment", refused to move off the cage floor and was ultimately strip-searched and then cleared of any wrongdoing.

The desk officer now stands to lose his job over it.

I don't understand why people don't just comply with the police, most are good people doing a good and difficult job, they are usually always pleasant if you are. In my mind, she brought it on herself and is the victim of her own doing.

Most are good people?

Mhm, assuredly, as this woman found out when she got scissored. The fact is that you should never open your mouth around the Police, ever, unless it's actively in your interest.

Soldato
They shouldn't had arrested her for giving the kid a card.
They shouldn't had strip searched her.
Police are power tripping.

Desk Officer losing his job, seems a little too much for me, but could be okay if he has a history of doing things like that.

The original cops who thought it was a good idea to arrest her at the beginning should be sent back for a training refresher.

We need to hold our Police to high standards.

That said, it be nice if the original arrest was recorded by body cameras to understand what really happened.

Soldato
I'm happy for police to not be allowed to force you to do anything they want. We should all have rights.

Simple fact: it was recorded by the police that she was strip searched because of a refusal to give her name.
Simple fact 2 : not giving your name is insufficient grounds to perform a strip search.

Seems open and shut to me.

Soldato
The police were performing their duty and she got involved. Should have just minded her own business and walked away but is probably one of these leftie progressives who think that all authority figures are the enemy and must be challenged at every opportunity. Hopefully she's learned a lesson.

Caporegime
The police were performing their duty and she got involved. Should have just minded her own business and walked away but is probably one of these leftie progressives who think that all authority figures are the enemy and must be challenged at every opportunity. Hopefully she's learned a lesson.

Jesus christ, so transparently fascist. If she was raped instead, would that be a good lesson?

Caporegime
They should have beaten her in the back of a van and said she fell down the stairs.

Stupid femanist, middle class progressive, sjw, white privileged, idiot if you ask me.

Free thinkers need to feel the jack boot of justice on their necks. Hitler was right, etc etc.

Vegetable rights and peace, boom Shankar

Soldato
is that you Kurtis?

you have to be on a wind up with that post?

Soldato
Because although you may know you've done nothing wrong, the police may have very good reasons to suspect you.

Fortunately because of people like this lady and myself and many others who aren't submissive and willing give up our freedoms so willingly unlike you and your ilk, you get to enjoy living in a fairly "free" society

By all means go spend a year in a dictatorship to experience what being forced to do what the police say is like and then come back to us on how we should willingly submit to authority whether we're innocent or guilty

Back
Top Bottom