*** World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth ***

Soldato
Leveled to 120 on a mage.. did all 3 zones on horde side just for extra rep and got bored with mage. Lvled a warrior to 120 and again completed all 3 zones and working on rep yet again. Its very clear to me how thin the endgame is right now while we wait. WQs are DAF even if the reward are sort of better with rep thrown in. My main issue is how everything has been locked down so tight behind rep and how rep is earned. I just slayed an entire camp of alliance guards, captains and problematic characters and yet the dark lady didn't give a ****, however after i painstakingly heard the 100 million story from the turtle WQs that nobody cares about she acknowledge me a little and gave me a tiny amount of rep, out of pity perhaps i don't know?. See the disconnect here? I don't mind things take a while if it makes sense for them to take a while.

I love the setting, I love the art and music, excellent work, i like the dungeons, i even like the island expeditions in small amounts if its PvE, however the rest is just god awful imho. Had hope to get to unlock the new orcs and make myself a pvp rogue but i'm sure i wont survive the grind to exalted with honorbound. I'd rather grind mobs for 5 rep a piece than this. At Least they have toned down the facebook game a lot to a point where its tolerable to me..

Associate
Got the game the weekend and started a new Mage on Horde this time around using the Boost 110 - Started a new mage on Stormraver , just been following the quests lines and got myself to level 112 in about 5 hours after doing loads of quests , so far its seem to be good but not sure it will keep my attention long term! I'm just hoping end game is good but this time around I am enjoying the quests and enjoying that game.

Any Tips for new players coming back after 4 years ?

Also just few things how come when I pull mobs with my mage now only 1 of the mobs will drop loot ? What is that all about ?

Last edited:
Associate
Feels like there are far far far too many quests to be done. I was level 120 after 1 and a half zones.

So far at 120 I’ve spent around 10 hours trying to finish the remaining zones and I’m only around 80% done. It’s really not fun at this point.

With enemies now scaling with your item level it’s such a drag. The whole point for me is being 120 and being able to dominate the stuff you’be just been leveling through. Not for it to be a constant grind feeling as if you are no more powerful than before.

I think they done this so you can choose what zone you do first in the quest line! I think in eng game dungeons thou it mobs wont follow in the same damage design so your end gear will make you more powerful on dungeon bosses.

Associate
Got the game the weekend and started a new Mage on Horde this time around using the Boost 110 - Started a new mage on Stormraver , just been following the quests lines and got myself to level 112 in about 5 hours after doing loads of quests , so far its seem to be good but not sure it will keep my attention long term! I'm just hoping end game is good but this time around I am enjoying the quests and enjoying that game.

Any Tips for new players coming back after 4 years ?

Also just few things how come when I pull mobs with my mage now only 1 of the mobs will drop loot ? What is that all about ?

they have made it so if you kill a group of mobs say 4 mobs, all the mobs loot you killed around you goes into one loot bag for you to search in, saves clicking on 4/5 mobs every time you clear a group

Associate
Unsubbed last night, got to 120 on my Horde Shaman and just think this expansion is a bit meh really :( will probably level my 110 Alliance Warlock to 120 to just see the Alliance story before sub runs out but i think im done with WoW now, this is the shortest i have ever played a Wow Expansion, even BC i lasted a few months and i hated that expansion, and Panda land i skipped completely as it was nonsense but id even endure that over BFA.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Feels like there are far far far too many quests to be done. I was level 120 after 1 and a half zones.

So far at 120 I’ve spent around 10 hours trying to finish the remaining zones and I’m only around 80% done. It’s really not fun at this point.

With enemies now scaling with your item level it’s such a drag. The whole point for me is being 120 and being able to dominate the stuff you’be just been leveling through. Not for it to be a constant grind feeling as if you are no more powerful than before.

The mobs have scaled like that since Legion iirc.

Makes me laugh though, not even 3 weeks into the expansion and we've got people complaining. Warfronts aren't out yet, neither are the raids or Mythic Plus. If all you do is want to level characters then so be it, but you're missing out on probably 80% of the game.

Soldato
Just re-subbed for the first time in a few years. I never really got into WoW, but I'm going to try to level a hunter from scratch and see if I get get myself hooked. I think the best I did previously was about level 40 and never got into any of the social or group stuff so I'll see how I go and decided whether or not to buy the expansion later.

Soldato
Patiently waiting for M+, Warfronts and Raids now. Levelling a second toon but after all the additional things to do from Legion its hard to be left with just questing and PvP for a while, not counting the Mythics as that's 2 evenings work to get lockout across the 10.

I'm really hoping they reboot an old raid/dungeon like RTK to give us a 5 man extended dungeon. Loved that dungeon and the refresh on it was spectacular

- GP

Associate
Got my paladin (prot) to 120.
Got my DH (veng) to 120.
Got my monk (brm) to 120.
My DK (blood) is 114.
My warrior (prot) is 113.

I just can't decide which I want to play. I'm fairly casual in that I don't care about raiding much. I do like levelling. Just not found something which "fits" me yet.

Soldato
Did you level all the tanks in tank spec? That just seems painful >.<

So far I have leveled

Warrior to 120 (Fury most the way then switched to Arms)
Warlock to 120 (Destro and now switched to Aflliction)
Hunter to 113 BM

Soldato
I've resubbed for the first time since Legion arrived, which lasted a month (also lasted a single month of Draenor). Really enjoying the PvE and questing so far. Decided to boost a Warlock to 110 (levelled it to 15/16 before deciding). Makes a nice change from the Paladin (my forever main), Mage or Priest. Have a 110 hunter from the last boost. Never liked it.

Associate
Did you level all the tanks in tank spec? That just seems painful >.<

So far I have leveled

Warrior to 120 (Fury most the way then switched to Arms)
Warlock to 120 (Destro and now switched to Aflliction)
Hunter to 113 BM
Tank spec is fine. DPS is a little low, but I never die, can pull 10+ mobs at a time.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Got my paladin (prot) to 120.
Got my DH (veng) to 120.
Got my monk (brm) to 120.
My DK (blood) is 114.
My warrior (prot) is 113.

I just can't decide which I want to play. I'm fairly casual in that I don't care about raiding much. I do like levelling. Just not found something which "fits" me yet.

Brewmaster Monks are the best tanks (so far) this expansion. Windwalker Monks also do great single target and multi target damage.

Tbh though, just play what you want man. It really shouldn't be that difficult lmao.

Associate
Unsubbed last night, got to 120 on my Horde Shaman and just think this expansion is a bit meh really :( will probably level my 110 Alliance Warlock to 120 to just see the Alliance story before sub runs out but i think im done with WoW now, this is the shortest i have ever played a Wow Expansion, even BC i lasted a few months and i hated that expansion, and Panda land i skipped completely as it was nonsense but id even endure that over BFA.
You're not the only one. The whole expansion just feels empty.
I'll probably come back in 6 months time when there is new content and test it out again.

Soldato
Leveled to 120 on a mage.. did all 3 zones on horde side just for extra rep and got bored with mage. Lvled a warrior to 120 and again completed all 3 zones and working on rep yet again. Its very clear to me how thin the endgame is right now while we wait. WQs are DAF even if the reward are sort of better with rep thrown in. My main issue is how everything has been locked down so tight behind rep and how rep is earned. I just slayed an entire camp of alliance guards, captains and problematic characters and yet the dark lady didn't give a ****, however after i painstakingly heard the 100 million story from the turtle WQs that nobody cares about she acknowledge me a little and gave me a tiny amount of rep, out of pity perhaps i don't know?. See the disconnect here? I don't mind things take a while if it makes sense for them to take a while.

I love the setting, I love the art and music, excellent work, i like the dungeons, i even like the island expeditions in small amounts if its PvE, however the rest is just god awful imho. Had hope to get to unlock the new orcs and make myself a pvp rogue but i'm sure i wont survive the grind to exalted with honorbound. I'd rather grind mobs for 5 rep a piece than this. At Least they have toned down the facebook game a lot to a point where its tolerable to me..

Everything they do is to try and keep people playing longer and spending money, as much as it sucks for us the player.
Allied races is a cash grab, they could've done something like make it free for existing characters but you've got a whole paid system for that.. :(

Soldato
Pardon my stupidity, but what's the cash grab with allied races? Are we just talking the time it takes to grind the rep thereby meaning you have to sub longer? AFAIK you get extra slots for them every time they add new ones and you just need the rep to activate them.

Associate
You're not the only one. The whole expansion just feels empty.
I'll probably come back in 6 months time when there is new content and test it out again.

How can you know how the "whole" expansion feels when the majority of content is opening next week :D. It is a cynical and shotsighted view to think that the timegating, albeit annoying, is only there as a cash grab to keep you subscribed for another month. There is a lot of testing and balancing that goes into each raid tier and it is essential for Blizzard to have time to balance classes, trinkets, and azerite traits before the raid and mythic+ open. Personally, as a hardcore raider, the few weeks between release and raid opening are a welcome break and allow me to enjoy the story, grind reps, level alts and enjoy the game at a more relaxed pace before the raid race kicks in.

I feel like a lot of people criticising the current content are simply not familiar with how modern WoW operates. You get huge content updates every few months throughout the entirity of the expansion. To judge it based on the first few weeks is incredibly unfair.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom