Khan blimp to fly over London 31st August

Soldato
So in retaliation to the Trump blimp the Khan blimp is due to be flown over London tomorrow.

I have to say Im outraged that there is no outrage at this. It seems that the alt right could be the real precious cry babies after all.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/aug/30/sadiq-khan-bikini-blimp-to-fly-over-central-london
A blimp of Sadiq Khan wearing a yellow bikini is to fly over Westminster on Saturday morning in response to the Donald Trump baby balloon that the London mayor permitted in July.

A crowdfunding campaign has raised more than £58,000 for the blimp, which references the bikini-clad “body-shaming” adverts Khan has vowed to ban on the tube. Organisers says they want to highlight the rise in violent crime in London this year.

“In light of the ‘Baby Trump’ balloon being allowed to fly over London during his visit to the UK, let’s get a ‘Baby Khan’ one and see if free speech applies to all and whether or not Mr Khan and the London assembly will also approve this.”

Khan said: “If people want to spend their Saturday looking at me in a yellow bikini they’re welcome to do so. I don’t really think yellow’s my colour though.”

Last edited:
Caporegime
Kahn will probably ban it being a liberal lefty, selectively liberal that is.

It all seems a bit childish to me though.

Capodecina
Soldato
I wonder who the self-described free speech advocate Yanny Bruere is?
This stunt seems sufficiently pointless to have been dreamt up by the useless Sadiq Khan for publicity purposes.

Soldato
Kahn will probably ban it being a liberal lefty

So when he doesn't, will you acknowledge that you're wrong and you're view point on "lefty liberals" is not in touch with reality?

In the OP Khan is quoted as not really caring so I don't know where you get that idea.

It's mmj....his view on the world is rather.....strange at times

Soldato
If I were going to fly a big balloon protesting the rise in knife crime I probably would have picked a balloon that obviously referenced the rise in knife crime. You know, as opposed to a balloon referencing a minor issue relating to an ad campaign for sun screen that happened a while back. I'm crazy like that though.

Back
Top Bottom