The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Associate
Frustrating you how?

Certain pics were so soft on the 24-70 that they looked out of focus. Happened on the 70-200 too just not as bad. It acted the same on the reps mk2 body and with his 24-70 but both 24-70's were spot on with the mk3 and A9. I found a couple of others with the same issue while using a mk2 and 24-70 described as 'missed focus' so I'm not the only one.
Sony are now aware of my issue and will no doubt investigate it.

Caporegime
What is the A7S3?

The sequel the the Sony A7sii :p

Sony low light level video orientaed body. Rumour has it

New 5.6 million dot EVF
– 4k60p
– 10 bit 4:2:2 external (not internal!)
– new color science from their camcorders
– dual SD card slot, Z-battery, chunkier grip
- 24MP quad stacked sensor

Soldato
Finally decided to give the Sony A7 range a try, only a II but it's mint and got it for £700. Also got a shed load of old Minolta AF glass so have also bought the LA-EA4 adaptor a try.

DSC00566.jpg

Associate
Yeah totally happy with buying second hand, although camera bodies I tend to buy new. We'll see. Its like a year away if it all yet, some other more important purchases first :)
The A7 I bought used, A7ii new, A7Rii used and A7Riii new. Unless it was a really good deal with sub 5k shutter I doubt I would buy used again.

I also always wonder when it comes to glass, why are they selling? is it a poor copy?

Caporegime
The A7 I bought used, A7ii new, A7Rii used and A7Riii new. Unless it was a really good deal with sub 5k shutter I doubt I would buy used again.

I also always wonder when it comes to glass, why are they selling? is it a poor copy?
I've bought plenty of glass 2nd hand. Generally via forums like this or TP. Never had any issues to be honest. Generally when people are buying these lenses they're already serious enthusiasts and not buying on a whim. So you get good stuff

*touch wood*

Associate
I've bought plenty of glass 2nd hand. Generally via forums like this or TP. Never had any issues to be honest. Generally when people are buying these lenses they're already serious enthusiasts and not buying on a whim. So you get good stuff

*touch wood*
But if you bought for example a gmaster, unless switching systems why would you sell it unless you got a poor copy?

Caporegime
But if you bought for example a gmaster, unless switching systems why would you sell it unless you got a poor copy?

I dunno, the 85 GM I got the other week, the guy bought a TON of Sony high end gear like 2 months ago but due to change in circumstances in his job (and he took on some course of some kind) he said he didn't have time to use the gear so he sold off the A9, 70-200 GM, 100-400 GM, 85 GM, 24-70 GM.

I also picked up my Zeiss 50/1.4 Planar from ffords 2nd hand section and it was mint, the lens is VERY sharp.

Associate
Made the leap into 8x10:

QcBGDk5.jpg

Deardorff V8 + Nikon 300/5.6

New 3-series Gitzo setup as well, very happy with it, holds up the 8x10, 4x5, and 6x7 kit with ease.

Back
Top Bottom