*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
When it comes to PS software/firmware, are updates automatic? Same with games actually - are patches automatically DLed and installed?

Yes to both, providing the console is in rest mode (yellow light illuminated on the console) and you have the appropriate settings enabled. It'll download and install system updates automatically, and update games that you've recently played. If you've got games installed that haven't been played in a long time, it doesn't update those.

Soldato
Yes to both, providing the console is in rest mode (yellow light illuminated on the console) and you have the appropriate settings enabled. It'll download and install system updates automatically, and update games that you've recently played. If you've got games installed that haven't been played in a long time, it doesn't update those.

Good to know, thanks!

Associate

Do you have to be a 'plus' member for it to automatically do that in rest mode?

Associate
Moved my ps4 pro and psvr to my old office room upstairs to turn it into my games room forgetting that the wifi is on the opposite side of the house. I was getting less than 1mbps - not good. I just remembered I had a really old pair of lan plugs that I got free years ago with a bt open reach tv box. I just tried them out and I'm now getting 10mbps download and 500k upload on a wired connection more than enough for now.

I might have to invest in a better pair of pc lan plugs in the future anyone recommend any for a cheap network upgrade (I got my free ones when the lan plugs were a new idea so they are very old)

Associate
Moved my ps4 pro and psvr to my old office room upstairs to turn it into my games room forgetting that the wifi is on the opposite side of the house. I was getting less than 1mbps - not good. I just remembered I had a really old pair of lan plugs that I got free years ago with a bt open reach tv box. I just tried them out and I'm now getting 10mbps download and 500k upload on a wired connection more than enough for now.

I might have to invest in a better pair of pc lan plugs in the future anyone recommend any for a cheap network upgrade (I got my free ones when the lan plugs were a new idea so they are very old)

TP Link are usually good.. though I would always try and go for the 1000mbps version if you can. I believe they do a 600mbps also.

TP Link do a set with a plug on also, so you don't lose the use of a plug socket.

Try and avoid using them with ext. leads :)

Soldato
I've owned a PS4 for ages (and also own an Xbox One as well which I just use as a DVD or Blu-ray player) but I'm entirely out of the loop. I like RPGs a lot and was wondering what the best PS4 exclusives are in the RPG genre? If it is available on the PC, then I'm not interested as I'll get it there but if there are some PS4 only games I've been missing out on then I'd love to hear about them.

Soldato
I've owned a PS4 for ages (and also own an Xbox One as well which I just use as a DVD or Blu-ray player) but I'm entirely out of the loop. I like RPGs a lot and was wondering what the best PS4 exclusives are in the RPG genre? If it is available on the PC, then I'm not interested as I'll get it there but if there are some PS4 only games I've been missing out on then I'd love to hear about them.

• Persona 5
  • Bloodborne
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
  • Horizon Zero Dawn

Soldato
Detroit: Become Human Digital Deluxe Edition

£29.99 on PS Store

Description
Digital Deluxe Edition includes:
• Heavy Rain on PS4™.
• Digital art book.
• Digital Deluxe Soundtrack.
• Cyber Life and Main Character PS4™ dynamic themes.

Soldato
The campaign is worth it, yeah. I really enjoyed it. The MP wasn't as good as Destiny so I binned the game off pretty quickly. I don't like the endgame rinse and repeat either but the main campaign is fun.

Soldato
Having a slight "want" of HDR and PS4 Pro if it's a good step up from the original. Is the only thing I need is to make sure the TV is 4K and HDR10 ?

I see the standard PS4 supports HDR anyway and I think mine is the 2016 version, so that would save a bit of cash.

Caporegime
Some codes here for Trials Rising Closed Beta, let me know when each code is used so I can remove it from the list.

Here are the 4 codes to share:
4NXMKXKPRX9K (used)
ZZEVLLHERVJB
FG3EU49DPG7Z
CYYBHRJRHMLQ

Simply share these codes with your friends

Each friend can redeem one code on the Beta Redeem Website below and then follow these steps:

http://trialsgame.com/beta_redeem

Step 1: Log in to your Ubisoft account
Step 2: Put in the code
Step 3: Put in the chosen platform (PC, Xbox, PS4)
Step 4: Personal Beta access is sent and ready to use!

Last edited:
Soldato
PlayStation is the third most-recognized brand in the UK

Prophet's Brand Relevance Index for 2018 has just been published, revealing that PlayStation has jumped six places from its spot at #9 last year to be the third most-relevant brand in the UK. It was beaten only by Apple at #1 and Lego at #2.

Brand and marketing consultancy Prophet surveyed 11,500 consumers in the UK about 240 brands across 27 categories to come up with its relevancy rankings. PlayStation's third-place spot puts it as the only gaming-focused company in the top 10, though other companies with video game-related initiatives scored highly, including Apple in the top spot and other companies such as Google (#4), Amazon (#8), and Android (#10).

Nintendo ranked at #11, two spots higher than last year with the continued success of the Nintendo Switch. Xbox, meanwhile, dropped six spots to #17 as PlayStation has continued to pile on new console-exclusive announcements and releases.

"Our 'For The Players' customer-centric focus means we continue to develop award-winning content such as Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War, all of which are only available on PlayStation," said Usama Al-Qassab, PlayStation VP of marketing. "Exclusive content is married with investment in innovative new ways to play such as 4K HDR, VR, PlayLink, PS Now - our streaming platform - and our community, PS Plus. This enables players to compete or co-operate with one another and enjoy a unique, instant and immersive experience every day so PlayStation can remain the best place to play."

The results of brands in the US have also been published, though gaming had a much more muted presence in that list. In a survey of 12,694 customers on 299 brands, Apple still took the #1 spot. However, the first console brand is PlayStation at #13, and Xbox is down at #25. Nintendo is not listed in the US survey result, though Electronic Arts are at #34.

Back
Top Bottom