Vista and Internet Connection

Man of Honour
I've had to put a laptop back to factory default but no way can I connect to the internet.
IE tells me I have an internet connection and diagnostics tell me there's nothing wrong but still pages come up!
I have Googled and it is a problem others have suffered but wondering if some bright spark on here can give other suggestions please.

At this moment I don't want to put Win10 on.

Thanks

Man of Honour
Checked the built in Windows Firewall isn't blocking?

EDIT: Might have some security issues with depreciated encryption as well in IE.

Associate
I've had to put a laptop back to factory default but no way can I connect to the internet.
IE tells me I have an internet connection and diagnostics tell me there's nothing wrong but still pages come up!
I have Googled and it is a problem others have suffered but wondering if some bright spark on here can give other suggestions please.

At this moment I don't want to put Win10 on.

Thanks
BIOS/ OS clock set to the right date/ time? Might be worth trying to install Chrome or FF from an offline/ MSI installer.

Man of Honour
OP
I also get this problem with a cable plugged in.

vistaproblem1.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Soldato
A presumably post millennial who chooses to do a ‘holiday list’ on an antiquated laptop running an unsupported and insecure OS and likely has a phone that’s more capable and potentially more secure? That’s the kind of thing i’d expect from my parents (who were born in the 40’s), not anyone actually under the age of 40.

Agree with spicypixel, putting Vista on anything is a bad idea when so many better (free) options exist which are much more efficient and secure - borders on cruel and unusual ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom