Battlefield V

Associate
Had a good few rounds yesterday, feels different, but can’t pinpoint exactly how... one thing I do know is that recoil on the lmg’s is horrendous.

I was under the impression that only support engineers were going to be able to build defenses, but it seems everybody can do it, and playing as support doesn’t seem as rewarding.

Another thing, does anyone know how to deploy the crocodile tank? I racked up enough points as squad leader, but it kept saying ‘request denied’.

Soldato
I've played every Battlefield since the beginning. I just can't get excited about it anymore. I'm done, I think. I enjoyed 1 for a while but got bored very quickly. Meh time to move on.

Associate

Just heard this song earlier. Quite nice!

I had another wee shot tonight. Wasn't too bad, I do think once I'm used to it, it'll be fine. But yeah, the lack of spotting (unless you're a sniper) is annoying. Yet, great if you're a sniper haha, hidden for ages. Least till your ammo runs low. The whole medic and support classes annoy me and I'm not really a fan of the building.

Associate

Just heard this song earlier. Quite nice!

I had another wee shot tonight. Wasn't too bad, I do think once I'm used to it, it'll be fine. But yeah, the lack of spotting (unless you're a sniper) is annoying. Yet, great if you're a sniper haha, hidden for ages. Least till your ammo runs low. The whole medic and support classes annoy me and I'm not really a fan of the building.

I didn't realise that they removed spotting for the other classes, always thought that it was a good idea but hey.

Soldato
I was fairly unimpressed.

I love the series and haven't read much of others opinions on V but from my first game:
Movement is sluggish.
The graphics are really poor in places.
No spotting is bad.
The map was fine but feels sparsely populated.

None of this is game breaking though if we could accept that it's a beta and the issues will be addressed by the release date but I've been around since Battlefield 2 and generally the finished game comes out in the same shape as the beta with minor tweaks.

It feels like a another studio has tried to copy Battlefield and not had the same resources as Dice to finish it.

Made me reinstall Battlefield 4 for a blast though. :)

Associate
I think the series in a bit of a decline now by trying to keep up with COD, I'm glad they don't release a battlefield game every year though....

You can see from the pre-orders that Battlefield 5 is going to be a flop. The damage has already been done, just like what happened to Battlefront 2.

Associate
I’ve downloaded the beta and had a good chance to play tonight on PS4. Very happy with it, reminds me of the BF3 days a few years ago.
I hated BF1 but this feels much more to my liking.

Having others to play alongside has helped.

Man of Honour
Enjoying this on PS4 which I wasn’t really expecting based on some of the comments, feels better than COD:WW2 although thats better for a quick blast I feel.
Seem to be able to spot when I’m not a sniper though!

Soldato
I'm really enjoying it. I already think it's more fun than BF1 which I really didn't gel with coming from 4 at all.

I don't see any issues with the lack of spotting and have actually quite enjoyed it. You can still give vague spots for your teammates and to the person above complaining about the fortifications. The support class builds them a hell of a lot quicker than the other classes so it's less of a risk to pop-out and build.

Soldato
I thought the Beta was OK, I don't usually like the betas of the BF games as I rarely play the big maps on conquest etc.

I think the limited ammo needs to be sorted by release, I can understand their thinking ie make it more squad based but in reality it does not work when playing with randoms. I joined a few games and I was the only person in the squad so that was pretty useless and other squads were either full or locked for friends only... spending more time looking for ammo than playing the game is annoying.

The time to bleed out needs to be reduced, way too long as it is and they could cut down on some of the long animations.

Soldato
I haven't bothered with the beta this year, something about BFV from what gameplay I have watched I just don't like. Is anyone on here switching from BF to COD this time round?
I normally decide on one or the other and it looks like COD is getting decent feedback overall.

I still may get BFV when its released if the feedback is positive.

Soldato
Well I just played BFV beta today and I think it's really very impressive indeed. Just a few games of capture the sector, I died a lot as usual 8 deaths and 2 kills as I'm not very good at it. But I enjoyed it much more than BF1. Only pity now is I can't get back on, I just get cant connect to ea servers. I'll be buying I reckon. Although some of the campaign missions on BF1 were a joke.

Associate
Played on the standard Xbox and I felt the visuals wee very muddy. Found it hard to identify players compared to BF1 and previous BF games and that's not due to the lack of spotting which personally I'm a fan of. Don't know what it was the but the visuals just seemed off somehow. I realise it's a beta but I can't imagine the visuals changing drastically before release. I really hated the snow map, quite liked Rotterdam tgough.

Not really sure what to make of it at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom