Boot issues

Associate
Hello,

I brought a new HDD and had to reinstalled windows, installed all my motherboard drivers etc, all was fine. Then i had a friends HDD from a broken laptop he wanted me to recover files from, I connected that up with a spare sata power connector and a sata cable. Tried to boot the pc and it wouldn't boot, had to go to BIOS and change the boot options. I must have messed up something as now i cant boot to BIOS.

Turn on the machine everything fires up as normal however there is no BIOS boot screen at the start and the machine stays on a black screen. I've left it over night before and in the morning it was on the windows log in screen. What i have to currently do is boot the machine pressing F11 to open boot options (but I still cant see anything on the screen) press 1 on my keyboard to select boot device 1 and then press enter. The keyboard lights go out for a few seconds and then windows boots and I can sign in as normal.

After a quick google people mentioned clearing the CMOS, so I've tired this with the clear CMOS button on the motherboard and taking out the battery for 20 seconds. This had no effect.

I have a MSI X99S SLI Plus motherboard.

Any help would be great!

Back
Top Bottom