Hello

i don't really have much experience building computers, my current one me and a friend built together, and i will be asking for her help once again but i wanted to do some of the leg work instead of just relying on her.
A few days ago my graphics card (760) stopped working and i decided instead of wasting money on a low end card to get me by in the mean time i might as well build a new system which i have been meaning to do for awhile now. i am hoping to get the parts by this week or next week latest, i will use this system to play games mostly and i will not be buying a new monitor. will all so be using my old hardrive from the current system in the new one and will buy an SSD later on. i do not intend to overclcok nor use SLI. my monitor resolution is 1920 x 1080. i think i have answered all the questions from the stickied thread of about asking for advice, if i did forget anything please ask and i will answer ASAP.
I did some research and put together a list of components in partpicker and i would really appreciate it if you guys wouldn't mind taking a look and advise on how it can be optimized. i don't want to go over £1500 if it can be helped but its not set in stone.

Thank you in advance for any helpful input.
https://uk.************.com/user/akiro525/saved/s2Cw6h

Soldato
It would be cheaper to go for a perbuilt system something like this
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...j2v0'bmrk2v0xbmrl2v0-bmrm2v0zbmrn2v0#bmJA2v!Y
and it has all the power you need with options to upgrade to the i7 8086k later and the new RTX cards as well

not a bad shout by PSU is cheap and would need replacing and SSD is pretty much a must and standard for OS at least

though £313 for an i7 8700k is a damn good price when they are rising fast!

@Vithusanan Navaratnarajah

better board, nicer looking ram with RGB, better made case with RGB and PSU 650w as 750w is overkill and is Tier 1 quality - saves some cash for other parts.

£313 for 8700k is damn good price ! just enable MCE if your not going to manually overclock! would jump on that purchase pretty quick as its cheaper then NON K 8700

DE
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £575.56 (includes shipping: £12.60)

want to save more cash... Enigma G2 650W can be had for £66... its the Focus Gold unit but with different label and 10 yr warranty

bare in mind, gtx 1080 is OVERKILL ofr basic 1080p 60hz monitor! you'd want to be looking to upgrade to 144hz 1080p or 1440p monitor!

difference when you game over 60hz is pretty noticeable​

Last edited:
Associate
not a bad shout by PSU is cheap and would need replacing and SSD is pretty much a must and standard for OS at least

though £313 for an i7 8700k is a damn good price when they are rising fast!

@Vithusanan Navaratnarajah

better board, nicer looking ram with RGB, better made case with RGB and PSU 650w as 750w is overkill and is Tier 1 quality - saves some cash for other parts.

£313 for 8700k is damn good price ! just enable MCE if your not going to manually overclock! would jump on that purchase pretty quick as its cheaper then NON K 8700

DE
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £575.56 (includes shipping: £12.60)

want to save more cash... Enigma G2 650W can be had for £66... its the Focus Gold unit but with different label and 10 yr warranty

bare in mind, gtx 1080 is OVERKILL ofr basic 1080p 60hz monitor! you'd want to be looking to upgrade to 144hz 1080p or 1440p monitor!

difference when you game over 60hz is pretty noticeable​
I got this for my sons 21st its coming soon will be overclocking it when I get it for him

Back
Top Bottom