Richer Sounds Customer Service

Soldato
Just wanted to say how good it is in my experience anyway:)
Took out a 5 year warranty on an amp 5 years ago as no repairs were needed i contacted RS for my refund
On site it seemed to me to imply i would have to go into my nearest shop,which meant a round trip of about 50 miles,contacted `Paddy Hall`in their customer service section online and received a cheque about a week later
Outstanding:D

Soldato
OP
I am not sure if the `new` 6 year warranty is the same
I read the t+c back when i got my 5 year and it was clearly stated,Had to make sure to apply with 14 days of warranty expiring though so i made sure to keep a copy easily in sight of my amp :D

Man of Honour
We always go for the extended warranty on any major stuff from Richer Sounds. It's worth it. Don't use it, get the money back. Use it, they come pick the item up and drop off a loan machine and vice versa once fixed.

Although, the last loan machine we got was pretty terrible. Was meant to be the replacement model for what we already had *Pioneer HM82D - loan was the HM86D*, less inputs, significantly lighter, didn't sound anywhere as good, and it crashed when streaming from my server, a lot. Also at that point was £150 more than we paid for the 82D. Glad we stuck with the original model. Mentioned how bad the 86D was when we took it back to the store, they just agreed and said that Pioneer had made a good unit much worse with the update.

Soldato
I took out the same policy on my Yamaha Amp a year or so ago. It really did seem like a complete no-brainer. Use it and it pays for itself, don't use it and get all your money back.
RS are always top of the list for me when I'm looking for new things.

Soldato
I wonder how they'll deal with clouding - got an XE85 which was great when new, but I noticed some clouding a few weeks after getting it (even though when I first checked it appeared free from it in a dark room). A couple of months on, and it's really quite bad now, to the point where in dark scenes, there's a noticeable bright area

Associate
I had a very happy ending when my TV all of sudden crapped out. Ended up getting a TV that was 10X better with a small contribution. Warranty is definitely worth it. Shame they don't stock all brands though when it comes to certain things.

Associate
They really are brilliant, I haven't had to use their warranty service (yet), but the when I bought my LG OLED the help throughout the buying process was absolutely fantastic. The guy in the store explained about the six year warranty and the 0% for six month offer, then helped me get the TV into the car, telling me if it wouldn't fit in the car he would get it delivered to me (it did so delivery wasn't necessary). I mentioned the person by name on their Twitter site because it was above and beyond.

I guess the market share taken by John Lewis has made it necessary to be more competitive, price matching, 0% finance, customer service, and the biggest factor the six year warranty as opposed to five. I'll certainly be buying from them again,

Soldato
Always had great service from Richer sounds. They always seem happy to help and have a genuine knowledge of what they sell. Have been my go to av shop for years.....

Man of Honour
I've never had to use their warranty, and in fact but bought from them for years. But I've always heard good things. With John Lewis service starting to deteriorate I may try them again.

Back
Top Bottom