Checkmate A1500+ Amiga 3000 inspired case for A500/A600/A1200 motherboards and mATX + mITX pc boards

Associate
Hi All

Just want to post this on here to see if any of you guys are interested in supporting this Kickstarter. I am in no way involved with this project but I'd really like to see this one succeed.

Background info
==========
The guy (Stephen Jones) who was responsible for the original Checkmate A1500 Case back in the 80's for people to put their Amiga 500 into a metal case that allows for more expansion is now taking this idea further and is doing a Kickstarter to manufacture a case that looks like the Amiga 3000 desktop case but allows you to put an A500, A600, A1200 or PC m-ATX or m-ITX motherboard into it.

Stephen's still very active in the Amiga community.

The Amiga 3000 along with the Amiga 1000 was probably the best looking of the Amigas, and this Checkmate case looks brilliant.

He's already made a prototype of the case with the finished metal parts and a 3D printed front facia.

The Kickstarter is to get enough people pledging to it so that it's cost effective to fund the production of the moulds so that the front facia can be made by injection moulding for a high quality finish.

Checkmate A1500+ Kickstarter page:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/483774293/amiga-3000-inspired-modular-amiga-pc-desktop-compu

There is a Black option and a Biege (Oyster white) option and you choose which motherboard configuration that it will be for. But these can be changed if the Kickstarter is successful and gets to manufacturing.

The pledge to get one case is £159.

If the Kickstarter is not successful then no money will be collected and the project is dead and will not continue. At present he has got about half of the final goal.
The Kickstarter will end on Tue October 2nd 2018 8:00 PM BST.

This is Stephen's Youtube channel that detailed the progress of the making of the prototype and some Q+A videos about the case and Kickstarter, as well as all his videos on retro stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_8lkByJmwbOszev0S-LuRg

PLEASE NOTE: THE COLOUR OF THE 3D PRINTED PROTOTYPE FRONT FACIA IS NOT THE FINAL PRODUCTION COLOUR.

Man of Honour
I'm very tempted by this, I've been following his channel on youtube too. The case looks stunning but this Amiga collecting is starting to cost me quite a bit!

Associate
OP
The A3000 was probably my favorite design for a desktop on any system. I bought a second hand one about 20 years ago and sold it a couple of years later cos I needed the money and space. I'm totally gutted about that now, regretting it everyday.

This Checkmate A1500+ case is so versatile, as well as all the system boards I list above you can also chuck in a Raspberry Pi on top to have 2 systems in one box.

Associate
OP
Stephen Jones has just got some renders done so that you get an idea of what the front panel facia will look like in the final product.

A1500-Renders.jpg

Associate
Would love to check the site out but malwarebytes and f-secure both report it spreads computer aids so anyone in contact with them might want to give them a nod to see if its just a false positive cos they'll be losing some google traffic if their on a malware report list. Even the image in post #6 is blocked as coming from a malicious domain by MWB for me.

Associate
OP
Would love to check the site out but malwarebytes and f-secure both report it spreads computer aids so anyone in contact with them might want to give them a nod to see if its just a false positive cos they'll be losing some google traffic if their on a malware report list. Even the image in post #6 is blocked as coming from a malicious domain by MWB for me.

Is that the amigasystems.com site? If so I'll send Stephen an email about it.
But all the info is on the Kickstarter page and the Youtube channel has more videos and info

Associate
Yup - here's the pop up I get from MWB for just loading this forum page because there is an image link to that domain on it:

2J6tEH7.png

Back
Top Bottom