• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
I replaced my 6s with a Dual sim Galaxy S9 for £630.

Really wanted an X but couldn't really justify the price and the e sim killed any notion of it for me because you don't really get cheap EE deals these days.

I was wary of the move to android but most of the stuff that annoyed me about it years ago has gone and there aren't any apps I had on ios that I can't get on Google play now

Soldato
Without wanting to start an Android versus iPhone war, when you look at what £750 will buy you in the Android world, (which is the bottom of the iPhone range) then for me I think this is now verging on madness. I'm not one bit bothered if I use Android or my iPhone, but when I look at something like the OnePlus 6 and what may be coming in the OP6T then look at the XR I can't help but think Apple's having a laugh.

I looked in the mirror last night after 'Apple's big reveal' slapped my face a couple of times and told myself to 'wake up and smell the coffee'. I was considering trading in my iPhone 7 for the XR. However, I'm now thinking I'll keep the iPhone 7 and maybe spend around £479 on the OP6T, come the end of October/November.

At the end of the day it's just a phone, not a Rembrandt.
Yawn.

Android forum is further down :)

Soldato
Probably a bit early to tell. But is there any word on the screens suffering from that awful pink/blue hue variation on white and grey backgrounds ?

Associate
I think I will “slum” it on my 6s on iOS12 for awhile. XR is more in my price bracket but I’d want the screen and camera on the XS.

Soldato
Yawn.

Android forum is further down :)
Yes, I note your concern, but as an iPhone owner I think this years releases are the worst in many years. Virtually nothing new from last year. You have to be pretty hard core to defend this years release.

I think I will “slum” it on my 6s on iOS12 for awhile. XR is more in my price bracket but I’d want the screen and camera on the XS.
Agreed.

Are you not capable of using google?
Sorry but I'm used to SC. I have searched but drawn a blank. I'm assuming therefore you've got this wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Yes, I note your concern, but as an iPhone owner I think this years releases are the worst in many years. Virtually nothing new from last year. You have to be pretty hard core to defend this years release.

They’re pretty much the same as every other year, or have you not seen this pattern?

L33

L33

Permabanned
Agreed.
£1449 for a XS Max 512GB. Jesus

Soldato
They’re pretty much the same as every other year, or have you not seen this pattern?
Actually I've never seen such discontent on forums regarding an iPhone release as this year. MR forum in particular has been very vocal.

I will update my 7 to iOS 12 and sit this one out. I could easily afford to buy their most expensive model but I simply won't pay silly money for a phone. They just don't represent value for money.

Soldato
To be fair we’ve gone from the 7+ 128gb being about £800 which is bad enough, to £1200 ish for the closest 10+.

I guess they’ve got all bases covered with the 10r. I do wonder what the impact will be in a few years as apple users are very accustomed to buying a product and automatically having the best there is due to the very small range offered. Time will tell I guess..

Soldato
I seem to recall, you post like this for every iPhone release Faustus. :/ in every iPhone release thread.
But as said it isn't just me this time I appear to be in good company.

Perhaps you could list all the new significant features announced in this release.

Soldato
I could but I’d be wasting time typing them all out. I suggest checking out the apple website. All models/specs are up, and make for good reading.

The A12 will no doubt stomp the competition yet again. I don’t think anything has even come close to the A11 yet ??

Soldato
I could but I’d be wasting time typing them all out. I suggest checking out the apple website. All models/specs are up, and make for good reading.

The A12 will no doubt stomp the competition yet again. I don’t think anything has even come close to the A11 yet ??
So basically a speed bump and a few camera tweaks then. If nothing has come close to the A11 chip then what can you do with the A12 that you can't do with the A11?

In fact in real world use I expect I can still do most things with my iPhone 7. All this speed nonsense is nothing but corporate willy waving.

It might play well to a younger audience but I doubt it impresses more mature owners.

Soldato
So basically what every android manufacturer is doing too then. Speed bumps and camera specs. The phone market has plateaued.

And to be honest, with regards to the X... it’s hard to improve on perfection :p

Edit. For the record I’m currently on an iPhone 8. But will be upgrading, mainly for the screen and dual cam setup. Not overly fussed with faceid. Actually quite happy with Touch ID.

Man of Honour
Anyone who spends 1500 on telephone needs their head looking at IMHO. Each to their own and all that, but strikes me as a pants down event.

Back
Top Bottom