Getting Old.

48 here and hoping to outlive my parents who both died in their 50s. I too get aches and pains but codeine stops that. I honestly don't think of myself as old. I still feel like I'm in my 30s. I'm fairly fit and healthy and have not had a day off sick in years. I just found out yesterday that my closest friend has stomach cancer and he may only have a few months. As I get older, I seem to be losing people.

Man of Honour

Health, off a cliff, near death stuff and now working to manage that for future.

Hair.....going up top but with vigour and I am one thought I would never go bald.

Aches, oh the aches and pains. Shoulder and back many culprit.

Recovery, it takes a long time after beers.

Body shape. I really need to work on that as what was tight fat has become lose fat since losing weight.

The ability to suffer fools, never a strong point has fallen off a cliff.

I get much angrier at irrelevant stuff, though less so on the internet and sadly with people that matter, not people who don't.

This will happen to most of you, sadly much of it out of your control too.

Soldato
Is "getting old" the reason I'm constantly having to clear the back of my throat these days? I often feel like I'm choking on phlegm (lovely, I know). Why the heck am I producing so much of the damn stuff?

It can't get much worse and I've got ~50% of my expected lifespan yet to come...
Sounds like you need to go to your GP.

Associate
They say I might as well face the truth.
That I'm just too long in the tooth.
Oh I'm an O.A.P. and weak-kneed
But I have not yet quite gone to seed.

I may be over the hill now that I have retired.
Fading away but I'm not yet expired.
Clapped out, rundown, too old to save
One foot in the grave.

They say I might as well face the truth.
That I'm just too long in the tooth.
I've started to deteriorate
And now I've passed my own sell-by date.

Oh I am no spring chicken it's true.
I have to pop my teeth in to chew.
And my old knees have started to knock.
I've just got too many miles on the clock.

So I'm a wrinkly, crinkly, set in my ways.
It's true my body as seen better days.
But give me half a chance and I can still misbehave.
One foot in the grave.
One foot in the grave.
One foot in the grave.

Soldato
Is "getting old" the reason I'm constantly having to clear the back of my throat these days? I often feel like I'm choking on phlegm (lovely, I know). Why the heck am I producing so much of the damn stuff?

It can't get much worse and I've got ~50% of my expected lifespan yet to come...

Associate
I caught a program on TV the other day about men visiting Turkey for cheaper hair transplants. Whilst I fully sympathise and relate, it looks painful and the results, yet to be convinced.

Ear and nostril hair! For ears I end up running the razor on the outer edge. Not recommended as ears bleed (a lot) if you get it wrong. Gently running the razor across the hair and not along the ear. For me, hair loss mid twenties, hair growing else where at a silly rate although not on my back, and yet I cannot grow a full beard at 42! bah!

Back
Top Bottom