Concerned about phone from the bay?

Associate
Hi all,

so I bought my wife a brand new Samsung phone off eBay, it arrived quickly but the packaging is clearly not brand new, no instruction manuals etc and the phone arrived turned on. I was just going to question the seller about this but I've literally never experienced a problem on the bay before and I'm concerned this might give them a leg up if it progresses to needing eBay/Paypal support.

Instinct is still to message them and find out what's going on, should I ignore instincts and go straight to eBay/Paypal?

Thank you

Soldato
Return it . eBay always side with the buyer. You don't have to interact with the seller at all if you don't want to. Just setup a return as snad and state it looks like a 2nd hand phone or open box return. You'll get your money and your postage back.

Soldato
Return it . eBay always side with the buyer. You don't have to interact with the seller at all if you don't want to. Just setup a return as snad and state it looks like a 2nd hand phone or open box return. You'll get your money and your postage back.

This is true to form. I recently bought what I believed by the sellers communication a new Honor 9. Device came the next day after purchase and all shrink wrapped by the manufacture which to my belief I felt I had a bargain, until I put my sim card in to find the device was blocked. Probably either reported lost or stolen, put a claim in with eBay and had a refund within a few hours, didn't bother communicating with the seller!

Back
Top Bottom