Associate
So right now i'm looking to upgrade my cpu but I am very limited because my motherboard is (https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/FM2A68M-HD+/index.asp) and I would like to get a cpu that is able to run well in combination with the Gtx 1050 ti 3gb to run games like the new Black ops 4, I am not looking to get a new motherboard and have a budget of around $100 (about £80) please anyone get back to me with recommendations that will fit my motherboard socket asap, I really hate not having a good cpu but a good GPU.

Soldato
So right now i'm looking to upgrade my cpu but I am very limited because my motherboard is (https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/FM2A68M-HD+/index.asp) and I would like to get a cpu that is able to run well in combination with the Gtx 1050 ti 3gb to run games like the new Black ops 4, I am not looking to get a new motherboard and have a budget of around $100 (about £80) please anyone get back to me with recommendations that will fit my motherboard socket asap, I really hate not having a good cpu but a good GPU.

Hi and welcome to the forums :)

Firstly, what CPU do you have at the moment? You should be looking at the A10 Richland series of CPUs, if you can find one. The support list for your board is here (from the link you provided) - https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/FM2A68M-HD+/index.asp#CPU

Bear in mind even the best of these is quite old now and won't be setting the world alight. I suppose it really does depend on what you are running at the moment

Associate
OP
Hi and welcome to the forums :)

Firstly, what CPU do you have at the moment? You should be looking at the A10 Richland series of CPUs, if you can find one. The support list for your board is here (from the link you provided) - https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/FM2A68M-HD+/index.asp#CPU

Bear in mind even the best of these is quite old now and won't be setting the world alight. I suppose it really does depend on what you are running at the moment

Thanks for the reply! Currently I am running a AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G, 3094 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply! Currently I am running a AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G, 3094 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Also to add on to that, is there any cpu's of that seires that is equivalent to or even better than the Intel Core i5-2500K or the AMD equivalent?

Associate
Yeah sell it and get a Ryzen 1200 + A320M + 8GB DDR4.

Even the fastest CPU on that socket type you have is barely faster than an Intel Pentium. COD is usually not very CPU intensive but with this new Battle Royale Mode, likely your CPU, or any CPU on that socket, will perform poorly.

Getting a new CPU for your current motherboard would be a waste of time, very small upgrade for not insignificant money....and still bad performance.

Associate
OP
Thank you all for your replies, What would be the cheapest but most cost effective option? Tomorrow I will have details on my PSU, and any other things needed, Currently I have 8gb DDR3 RAM. Thank you all for your replies again!

Soldato
No problem, that's what we're here for :)

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £256.47 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

This would be a big improvement over what you have already. If you can afford more then obviously you'll get more performance, it all depends on how deep your pockets are.

Associate
OP
No problem, that's what we're here for :)

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £256.47 (includes shipping: £10.50)

This would be a big improvement over what you have already. If you can afford more then obviously you'll get more performance, it all depends on how deep your pockets are.
My pockets aren't very deep at the moment, I'll add these to my Christmas list. Is there any way I could get maybe the motherboard or the ram down? Like not get the ram and find some that isn't necessarily good looking but rather just what does the job well and for a good price? Hoping to get the stuff before Christmas but. I appreciate your input greatly and for how much of a help you have been to me.

Soldato
Yup, just buy the cheapest DDR4 and AM4 motherboard you can find and maybe go to 4gb RAM. I can't help but feel you'd do better saving for a bit and lowering the settings right down in game for now until you can afford a proper upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom