Leaving work - recalling wages

Man of Honour
your friend seems very entitled, no doubt thought she had found a loophole to get free money and now has egg on her face lol

There's no evidence in this thread about what she thought. She hasn't posted anything. The OP hasn't said anything about what their friend has done, said or thought regarding her final payment from her previous employer. The OP hasn't posted anything about how the money itself. They only queried the method by which the employer took back the overpayment, not whether or not the employer was entitled to take back the overpayment.

Caporegime
idk seems like she probably moaned to her friend the OP about how they took her money from her bank and it cant be right.

How can they do this to me?!?!?

Man of Honour
idk seems like she probably moaned to her friend the OP about how they took her money from her bank and it cant be right.

How can they do this to me?!?!?

Do you know her? If not, what are you going on? How you would react in the same situation?

A while back, a charity I make a regular donation to took £800 out of my account by mistake. I mentioned it to a few people, but I wasn't moaning about it. It was a mistake, they put £800 into my account within a day or two and I didn't care because it didn't cause me any problems. I didn't even notice it had happened until a couple of weeks afterwards. I mentioned it because it's unusual and therefore mildly noteworthy...like a BACS transfer being recalled.

Caporegime
Do you know her? If not, what are you going on? How you would react in the same situation?

A while back, a charity I make a regular donation to took £800 out of my account by mistake. I mentioned it to a few people, but I wasn't moaning about it. It was a mistake, they put £800 into my account within a day or two and I didn't care because it didn't cause me any problems. I didn't even notice it had happened until a couple of weeks afterwards. I mentioned it because it's unusual and therefore mildly noteworthy...like a BACS transfer being recalled.

What situation? she was paid what she was owed don't see what the issue is or why it would be worth mentioning to a friend.

she obviously gave as little notice as possible, waited till pay day to do it expecting to get paid her full monies without the company being able to rectify it at such short notice.

anyone who doesn't see this is either extremely naive or a fool

Man of Honour
So is she upset they didn't pay the 4 weeks notice she didn't work.

Or the 9 days holiday she didn't earn?

Is she upset by either of those things? There's no mention of her being upset by either of those things. There's no mention of her being upset at all.

What situation? she was paid what she was owed don't see what the issue is or why it would be worth mentioning to a friend.

The issue was explictly stated in the OP. It was the whole point of the OP. It was the question in the OP. The issue, which we have no idea of her reaction to, was the recall from her bank account of money already paid into it. That's unusual enough for it to be worth mentioning to a friend. People mention many things to their friends. Do you only moan to your friends? If not, why do you assume that other people do?

she obviously gave as little notice as possible, waited till pay day to do it expecting to get paid her full monies without the company being able to rectify it at such short notice.

anyone who doesn't see this is either extremely naive or a fool

Or someone who doesn't make unsupported conclusions without any relevant evidence about someone they know nothing about.

You have no knowledge of her or of her reaction, so you must be making an assumption based on something. If it's not based on yourself, i.e. how you think you would react in her position, then what is it based on?

Caporegime
Is she upset by either of those things? There's no mention of her being upset by either of those things. There's no mention of her being upset at all.

Are you having an off day or something angillion? You seem to be having some kind of purely litteral meltdown here.

Your right no one said she's upset but it's a pretty valid word choice for the situation. I doubt shes jubilant

Associate
your friend seems very entitled, no doubt thought she had found a loophole to get free money and now has egg on her face lol

This sounds pretty fair to say. Why so short of a notice? Did she think that she would get away with free money by giving so little notice? If I was recruiting and someone said they can start tomorrow whilst still already working I would question their morals to their place of work for wanting to give such a short notice.

Soldato
Nobody knows the exact situation here but as a general rule resigning and not working your notice is a pretty crappy thing to do, to do it on payday does reek of her thinking she wouldn't get "charged" for the extra 9 days leave she took.

Perhaps she didn't resign but had a massive argument and and told them to poke their job up their hole, we don't know.

Soldato
OP
Thanks all. So the general rule is that pay can be recalled on the same day I assume. My friend is raging tbh but I told her that this is what she gets for pulling a sly move and not working her full notice. I could never do this, I would feel so guilty :(

Soldato
Lol @ all the off topic bashing questions when the original post is literally "Is it possible to recall a payment"

Literally standard GD- **** tier.

Soldato
It's a public forum, if you post an issue people are allowed to call them out on it.
but it wasn't even presented as an issue from the outset,
I suggest you read the first post again.

It's just testament to the fact that if you give people a mole hill they will make a mountain out of it without you even trying.

Soldato
but it wasn't even presented as an issue from the outset,
I suggest you read the first post again.

It's just testament to the fact that if you give people a mole hill they will make a mountain out of it without you even trying.

I meant that when people post on a public forum they are inviting people to call them out on the subject matter, regardless if it's what they wanted. I suggest you read the post above where OP states it is a issue as she is raging about it.

Soldato
Lol @ all the off topic bashing questions when the original post is literally "Is it possible to recall a payment".
Regardless of topic, giving 8 hours notice is a scummy thing to do. Plus it's not hard to draw some conclusions about the type of person involved when they get angry that the company reclaims money that's rightfully theirs in the first place.

Soldato
I meant that when people post on a public forum they are inviting people to call them out on the subject matter, regardless if it's what they wanted. I suggest you read the post above where OP states it is a issue as she is raging about it.
But the clarifying post isn't the point is it.

Clearly this idiot shouldn't be surprised it happened to them but the initial question is valid, which is, essentially can money in my account be taken out.

My point is only that it's interesting that GD can draw them selves into a frenzy over it, without actually having any reason to at that stage..
More symptomatic of the state of the UK medias control over the public I feel.....

Soldato
Regardless of topic, giving 8 hours notice is a scummy thing to do. Plus it's not hard to draw some conclusions about the type of person involved when they get angry that the company reclaims money that's rightfully theirs in the first place.
True but actually read the responses
It's like they read something that wasn't there.

Associate
But the clarifying post isn't the point is it.

Clearly this idiot shouldn't be surprised it happened to them but the initial question is valid, which is, essentially can money in my account be taken out.

My point is only that it's interesting that GD can draw them selves into a frenzy over it, without actually having any reason to at that stage..
More symptomatic of the state of the UK medias control over the public I feel.....

Pot calling kettle? you just derailed this thread yourself.

At least most the comments were on the subject that she shouldn't have anything to complain about; you went full 180° and brought in the subject of GD as a whole? Even so.. so what? If people actively communicate then whats the problem. Better than a forum with little to no content because people are not allowed to venture off topic slightly.

Back
Top Bottom