**** The Official Sony XZ2 Premium Thread ****

Associate
OP
Are they good quality?
I am trying to open them but can't really see them zoomed because the application kind of freezes with weird colours all over my display...

Yes they are pretty good. I had my Panasonic LX100 camera with me and most of the time preferred to just use the phone... Can't say why you can't open them. Works fine opening link on browser.

Soldato
Like what? What exactly do Samsung and Apple do more that warrants recognition? Samsung displays are weird and fake...

Look at Huawei with the Mate 20 Pro... Pretty much the same price as this but so much more appealing.

XZ2P is literally DOA. XZ3 even tho a bit better, hardly anyone is really interested.

Permabanned
Look at Huawei with the Mate 20 Pro... Pretty much the same price as this but so much more appealing.

XZ2P is literally DOA. XZ3 even tho a bit better, hardly anyone is really interested.

Have you looked at the mate 20 Pro spec list?

Second Q. Oled screen for starters. Size and design.

Comparing Sony with Huawei is like comparing Toyota or Mazda with some Chinese startup/unknown company on the global market like Great Wall or the likes of it...
Just sayin'

Soldato
Except Sony don't really hold any kudos in the mobile space. In the headphone and TV market yes, but in mobile OEM's like Oneplus and Huawei are schooling these old Dinasours like Sony and LG.

Sony have finally made a decent phone with the XZ3 but its taken them donkeys years. And even then you will hardly see anyone with one because there is no standout features. FYI I don't rate Samsung anymore wither they've gotton pretty comfortable and quite boring. I'm sure they'll bring out the big guns with the S10 though and now the competition is heating up.

Huawei have been in the mobile space for ages with their radio tech, they aren't newcomers like xiaomi for example. They are also making the most powerful Android SoC for starters, and custom order 40mp cam sensors, pushing the envelope. Not to mention 40w charging and a 4200mah battery etc.

Permabanned
Except Sony don't really hold any kudos in the mobile space. In the headphone and TV market yes

Sony phones have the best screens and even you admit that they have the best technology (in the TV business but the screens quality is the same).

Sony have finally made a decent phone with the XZ3 but its taken them donkeys years. And even then you will hardly see anyone with one because there is no standout features. FYI I don't rate Samsung anymore wither they've gotton pretty comfortable and quite boring.

All Sony phones are decent. Sony Xperia S had the best screen available in 2012 just like XZ3 has it available now.
Z3 is decent, XZ2 Premium is decent, Z5 is decent.
The XA phones are decent.

Permabanned
That's some rose tinted sony glasses you have there.

Just two articles of dozens:

Sony Xperia XZ3 Report: Best Display among the World’s Leading Smartphones https://androidcommunity.com/sony-x...mong-the-worlds-leading-smartphones-20180902/

The best feature of the Sony Xperia S is its 4.3in LED-backlit LCD display. It has a HDresolution of 1280x720, the same resolution as the Google's flagship Galaxy Nexus. It also has a pixels per inch (ppi) count of 342. https://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/review/sony/xperia_s/412059/

Soldato
I'm sorry but an article on Sony's flagship phone finally having an oled panel doesn't support your argument. You said sony have always had the best screens, that only works if you ignore just about ever oled panel ever but then you also said Samsung displays are 'weird and fake' so yeah, you have a really biased opinion.

Permabanned
I'm sorry but an article on Sony's flagship phone finally having an oled panel doesn't support your argument. You said sony have always had the best screens, that only works if you ignore just about ever oled panel ever but then you also said Samsung displays are 'weird and fake' so yeah, you have a really biased opinion.

Look, your problem is that you don't respect smarter and better people than you. When a smarter and better person than you tells you something, just accept is a fact and don't argue.
Ok?

Soldato
Look, your problem is that you don't respect smarter and better people than you. When a smarter and better person than you tells you something, just accept is a fact and don't argue.
Ok?

That escalated quickly :D

When smarter people tell me something, I do listen yes. Which is why I don't argue when places like DisplayMate say the note 9 had a 'visually indistiquishable from perfect' colour accuracy - because I am in no position to say they are wrong. And i didnt say the were wrong when they tested the pixel 3 xl and concluded it was the best display in a phone ever. So what, are they wrong because you said so? Because you know better? Because you're smarter?

That there, what you said about smarter people, isn't my problem - it's yours. Its not just me you are arguing with when you say sony has the best displays and Samsung are fake, its people like the guys at display mate, the people who really know their ****. I make informed decisions based on what my own experiance and groups like DM say because they go to the nth degree and back up everything they say. So, throwing your toys out the pram at me, for correcting your misconception, is not only juvenile but misplaced as well. You want proof that Sony haven't produced top displays for years? Good read their website and enjoy. You think you know better? Show me your proof now, but posting links to reviews stating 'its ONE OF the best displays we've seen' doesn't make it >the< best. You will need to do better than that to convince anybody.

Whilst you're doing that, don't forget that SONY have only just put an oled panel in a phone so prior to this, they used lcds for everything. Good luck proving any LCD is a better all round panel than a flagship oled from the last couple of years. I really mean that...

Last edited:
Soldato

Wow you really have your knives out for Sony. Whilst Huawei may make some nice specced hardware their software support is absolutely awful not to mention their skin is hardly decent.
I'd pick the XA3 over any current Huawei personally!

Soldato
Wow you really have your knives out for Sony. Whilst Huawei may make some nice specced hardware their software support is absolutely awful not to mention their skin is hardly decent.
I'd pick the XA3 over any current Huawei personally!
Only because Sony was once this great Tech giant that used to care about making electronics. I'm just baffled of the lack of effort they put in. For example the awkward fingerprint location on the XZ3. I mean where is the attention to detail there.

All they had to do with the XZ3 was put in a 4000mah battery, a super wide secondary camera and promise updates for 2 years and that phone would be a lot more popular. Oh and fix the FPS.

I had no love for Huawei prior to the P20 Pro , but the fact they are atleast trying with the camera and battery etc I give them way more respect.

And with the Mate 20 Pro they have produced something very desirable. Huawei wasn't a brand that I'd thought I'd ever buy.... Says it all. I'll give them a chance with this for software updates, they've at least started well by releasing it with 9 Pie.

Permabanned
Only because Sony was once this great Tech giant that used to care about making electronics. I'm just baffled of the lack of effort they put in. For example the awkward fingerprint location on the XZ3. I mean where is the attention to detail there.

All they had to do with the XZ3 was put in a 4000mah battery, a super wide secondary camera and promise updates for 2 years and that phone would be a lot more popular. Oh and fix the FPS.

I had no love for Huawei prior to the P20 Pro , but the fact they are atleast trying with the camera and battery etc I give them way more respect.

And with the Mate 20 Pro they have produced something very desirable. Huawei wasn't a brand that I'd thought I'd ever buy.... Says it all. I'll give them a chance with this for software updates, they've at least started well by releasing it with 9 Pie.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about :rolleyes:

Sony comes with beautiful designs.

Back
Top Bottom