• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
I only had a quick google, but it looks to be the cheaper Xaiomi handsets. I can't see anything about the higher range? Still not great!
Another reason why I’m totally apple now. I’ve not seen an ad inside an app since I switched from android to apple back when the SE was released. (I don’t play free games, so maybe that’s why :p )

Man of Honour
Another reason why I’m totally apple now. I’ve not seen an ad inside an app since I switched from android to apple back when the SE was released. (I don’t play free games, so maybe that’s why :p )
I don't play games either. Just the usual social media, banking, whatsapp, web browsing etc.

Soldato
With the iPhone at least, as mentioned the XS R is lower resolution but same scale/points display at the Max so assuming the mid-range phone sells well there's a lot more incentive to have a good-looking app which will serve the majority of users.

Turns out the XR resolution is exactly the same as the iPhone 4! Released 8 years ago :eek:

To be fair, it's probably still fine for a lot of people even at that size, still helps to put it in context though considering the high pricing. I'm still really surprised there's no SE form factor option.

XS just makes me love my X even more, they really did give us 'next years' phone early IMO.

Upgraded to iOS12 yesterday and really liking it, they definitely solved a lot of the initial form factor software issues that I've been ranting about. Namely the do not disturb icon issue behind hidden because of the notch. There's now a big notification and the ability to easily turn it on temporarily based on time, location or event using force press.

You can easily close apps with a single swipe up now without the lag or holding the screen for a long time, which is great.

There's a ton of new stuff packed into it, really quite happy to keep on trucking with the X now, feels great (even if there are still a few UI issues to figure out)

That and going from the Series 0 original watch to a Series 4!

It seems like the watch might be the big sleeper hit this year, with a massive upgrade even on the series 3, let alone the 0,1,2 owners.

Associate
So tomorrow’s the big day! I assume we’ll be getting dispatch notifications today ready for delivery tomorrow!

Edit:
Just been looking looking at my order and it still just stays ‘order received’. Also I never had any choice over delivery types when ordering and I’ve noticed that the default delivery type normally is 3-5 days. How annoying will that be

Soldato
My order has said "preparing for dispatch" for the majority of the week, and today so far is no different. Hopefully that'll change soon...

Commissario
OP
So tomorrow’s the big day! I assume we’ll be getting dispatch notifications today ready for delivery tomorrow!

Edit:
Just been looking looking at my order and it still just stays ‘order received’. Also I never had any choice over delivery types when ordering and I’ve noticed that the default delivery type normally is 3-5 days. How annoying will that be
You'll be fine.

Soldato
Finding a good deal on this is impossible - three offered me a worse deal then the one in the website as that’s a new customer deal only apparently ‍♂️
Gonna end up IUP and sim only i suspect

Soldato
Finding a good deal on this is impossible - three offered me a worse deal then the one in the website as that’s a new customer deal only apparently ‍♂️
Gonna end up IUP and sim only i suspect
Look on sites like uswitch they will show you the good deals.

Don’t click the link, fire up Quidco and get more money off.

Uswitch had deals for the XS Max on EE for 2 years with 20gb data for between £1300-£14000. Way cheaper than buying a phone and sim only.

Associate
Look on sites like uswitch they will show you the good deals.

Don’t click the link, fire up Quidco and get more money off.

Uswitch had deals for the XS Max on EE for 2 years with 20gb data for between £1300-£14000. Way cheaper than buying a phone and sim only.

There’s other benefits to sim only though, flexibility being a key one IMO

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I think I'm going to stick with my Pixel 2 for now. I was positioning myself for a move back to Apple ecosystem after a year on the dark side. However for my usage there is no tangible benefit to moving based on my usage. I imagine this is the same for most people - music, browsing, videos, messages, social media, phone calls, maps, photos/camera, calendar and banking/Google Pay are my main uses. Moving to iOS wouldn't improve any of these areas expect messages.

I have also come to like and appreciate the Google services - which keep improving. There would be no point going to iOS to just use all the Google services.

Now leaning towards getting the XS Max I reserved for 08:30 collection tomorrow.

The main reason is because I love the Apple ecosystem, the experience, the UI/design and polish you get. The Pixel 2 is great, don't get me wrong, but something about it does't quite feel premium.

Some other deciding factors:
- The video footage recorded on the XS looks amazing.
- The screen on the Pixel is shocking for video when it comes to shadows/black crush.
- Built in ad-blocker for with Safari. I like Chrome, but on Android it's a pain to block ads.
- I'll be going back to Mac for my main PC, so the integration is going to be lovely.
- I'd like an Apple Watch at some point.
- I prefer the Apple/iOS Aesthetics.
- Bigger screen.
- I really don't like the PlayStore.

I'll still be keeping a foot in the door with Google Services. Calendar will remain, since my wife is Google and it's the easiest way to keep a workable shared calendar. I still need a Google account for YouTube as well. Photos I will move back to iCloud and Google Drive I may move into iCloud Drive.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm starting to feel the same way about my Pixel 2 as @LiE, although I could never give up Google Drive. If I could play video files that aren't MP4 and MOV natively on iOS, it would make my decision a lot easier.

Man of Honour
Now leaning towards getting the XS Max I reserved for 08:30 collection tomorrow.

The main reason is because I love the Apple ecosystem, the experience, the UI/design and polish you get. The Pixel 2 is great, don't get me wrong, but something about it does't quite feel premium.

Some other deciding factors:
- The video footage recorded on the XS looks amazing.
- The screen on the Pixel is shocking for video when it comes to shadows/black crush.
- Built in ad-blocker for with Safari. I like Chrome, but on Android it's a pain to block ads.
- I'll be going back to Mac for my pain PC, so the integration is going to be lovely.
- I'd like an Apple Watch at some point.
- I prefer the Apple/iOS Aesthetics.
- Bigger screen.
- I really don't like the PlayStore.

I'll still be keeping a foot in the door with Google Services. Calendar will remain, since my wife is Google and it's the easiest way to keep a workable shared calendar. I still need a Google account for YouTube as well. Photos I will move back to iCloud and Google Drive I may move into iCloud Drive.

We don’t want you any more. Pls go

Back
Top Bottom