• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1080ti price drop over festive period??

Soldato
Nothing is a sure bet with the current GPU market.

I've seen some retails saying these are end of line so wouldn't hold your breath for a price drop whilst there is still stock. The pricing of the new cards has made the 1080Ti seem quite attractive at £600.

OcUK Staff
Highly doubt it, most vendors have now sold all their 1080Ti.

Asus only have 1080Ti turbo left, which s a bit meh, the Strix cards are sold out and Asus have no more.
MSI are pretty much sold out, Gaming X is long gone, we took the last of the Gaming cards which shall be £619.99 tomorrow and there are small quantities are Aero and Armor left.
Gigabyte are sold out on Aorus Extreme and will make no more, they have some regular Aorus still but have sold the last ones I believe, due in with us next week, be around £620
Zotac have sold out of 1080Ti
Inno3D also sold out!
Gainward and Palit are sold out of 1080Ti

In short I see not lower prices happening or festive deals as they cannot do deals on a product they no longer stock or manufacturer and the amount of stock we have as a reseller will probably last us until end of October and that is it.

If any deals in the future happen it is most likely to be on 1070Ti as there are still big supplies of those in channel and of course maybe new RTX cards.

Associate
OP

Asus only have 1080Ti turbo left, which s a bit meh, the Strix cards are sold out and Asus have no more.
MSI are pretty much sold out, Gaming X is long gone, we took the last of the Gaming cards which shall be £619.99 tomorrow and there are small quantities are Aero and Armor left.
Gigabyte are sold out on Aorus Extreme and will make no more, they have some regular Aorus still but have sold the last ones I believe, due in with us next week, be around £620
Inno3D also sold out!

In short I see not lower prices happening or festive deals as they cannot do deals on a product they no longer stock or manufacturer and the amount of stock we have as a reseller will probably last us until end of October and that is it.

If any deals in the future happen it is most likely to be on 1070Ti as there are still big supplies of those in channel and of course maybe new RTX cards.
Thanks for the info.
I know it’s how long’s a piece of string but low could 2080 go down to Black Friday/Xmas?

OcUK Staff
Thanks for the info.
I know it’s how long’s a piece of string but low could 2080 go down to Black Friday/Xmas?

2080 supply seems huge, demand seems so so, but saying that I seriously think the consumer was not aware it was available, as yesterday we hardly sold any even though we had stock, yet today once NVIDIA went green to go and all other website, we have sold lots of them.

But I feel 2080 supply will be very good, as such I feel and will be strongly pushing to get a deal on RTX 2080 where I can say sell at £699 as that would be nice, but I say try, I won't sell at a loss and the biggest issue I've had most of this year is the deals I request board partners refuse to do because they can sell all their stock for a higher price in another region, thus they refuse to reduce margin or sell at a loss in the UK when say in another region they can sell at profit. We also have to remember mining demand is still present in other regions which is why there has been no crazy sub £500 1080Ti's are the partners have now sold all their inventories at higher prices.

So I think its fair to say 2080 will settle, I think 2080Ti however will be in shortage until next year and thus don't be surprised if the prices go up rather than down, we've sold nearly 1000 of them, had like 50 so far so the supply is nowhere near where it should be and the handful of cards we did get in stock sold out so quick.

Caporegime
don't be surprised if the prices go up rather than down, we've sold nearly 1000 of them, had like 50 so far so the supply is nowhere near where it should be and the handful of cards we did get in stock sold out so quick.

Well, prices are hardly going to go up on the asus strix, 1.5 grand ffs. That's more expensive than any titan card released with the exception of the titan z and titan v, one being dual gpu pushed its price up and one using hbm and being steered away from the gaming arena to a more pro usage case.

If prices do go up on the strix i think i'll have to get in touch of their president and ask him what brand of crack he's currently enjoying, presumably the most expensive there is seeing as their cards are always priced higher for no apparent reason.

Associate
Well, prices are hardly going to go up on the asus strix, 1.5 grand ffs. That's more expensive than any titan card released with the exception of the titan z and titan v, one being dual gpu pushed its price up and one using hbm and being steered away from the gaming arena to a more pro usage case.

If prices do go up on the strix i think i'll have to get in touch of their president and ask him what brand of crack he's currently enjoying, presumably the most expensive there is seeing as their cards are always priced higher for no apparent reason.

They sell because people asssume they must be better because they’re more expensive. As simple as that. Unfortunately!

Caporegime
They sell because people asssume they must be better because they’re more expensive. As simple as that. Unfortunately!

Funny thing is the palit jetstream card had arguably one of the better coolers in the last few iterations of cards, yet they barely seem to get a lookin as they are seen as a more budget brand.

Soldato
does anyone else remember the days where a supplier was simply out of stock due to demand rather than whacking the prices up? :rolleyes:

Its never been as ridiculous as the 10xx release combined with mining demand and now its just taking the mick.

Was hopeful about getting a 2080/ti but the prices and getting mugged off is too much, think ocuk have lost a
customer for life in me now

Caporegime
does anyone else remember the days where a supplier was simply out of stock due to demand rather than whacking the prices up? :rolleyes:

Its never been as ridiculous as the 10xx release combined with mining demand and now its just taking the mick.

Was hopeful about getting a 2080/ti but the prices and getting mugged off is too much, think ocuk have lost a
customer for life in me now

GFx cards releases year in year out are getting increasingly frustrating to say the least, if its not stock supply its pricing, and with pricing there's so many "reasons" as to why its costing more than it should, and generally ALL In favour of the etailer.

Soldato

Inno3D also sold out!

Any upcoming deals on EVGA 1080ti mate?

Soldato
The problem with that is everywhere else also seems to be putting up there prices when there low stock of something...

True, not to the extent OCUK are though, and its a worrying trend. OCUK are now the more expensive place to buy from rather than having the best deals and 'when its gone its gone' prices. They used to undercut all the competition even by £1 just to be the best, which meant that I used to prefer to buy from them even if it wasnt a deal. Now they are £100 more expensive a lot of the time GFX cards wise, spotted it a few times over the last couple of months.

Soldato
True, not to the extent OCUK are though, and its a worrying trend. OCUK are now the more expensive place to buy from rather than having the best deals and 'when its gone its gone' prices. They used to undercut all the competition even by £1 just to be the best, which meant that I used to prefer to buy from them even if it wasnt a deal. Now they are £100 more expensive a lot of the time GFX cards wise, spotted it a few times over the last couple of months.
Could you imagine if every retailer done this on demand pricing on everything...

Go to shop and they only had 2 loafs of bread left that be £10ea please ,and 2 litres of milk left £8ea please...

Soldato
Could you imagine if everywhere done this on everything...

Go to shop and they only have 2 loafs of bread left that be £10ea please ,and 2 litres of milk left £8ea please...

Only reason they dont is because they cant hype the bread up for 3 months without telling you what youre getting, for you to find out its white instead of the wholemeal you wanted but you get 2 slices extra so its all worth it!

Oh and you can't put butter on it because knives aren't avaliable yet and might not be for at least 6 months....

Soldato
Nvidia maybe scaled back 1080ti production earlier then the rest of the pascal cards because they knew it would make the 2070 and 2080 look a bit daft in the absence of anything new to test using the new snake oil features on the Turing cards? ;)

Soldato

Inno3D also sold out!

What sort of price do you think the 1070Ti might come down to?
How are the vanilla 1080 stock levels looking?

Associate
Now I hadn't even considered a 1070Ti for my new build....just need something to tie me over until the next gen fixes everything...

Back
Top Bottom