Poll: OcUK Karting 2018 - Mid-End October 2018 - Track Suggestions?

Possible Venues

• Glan-y-Gors - LL21 0RU

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • PFi - NG32 2AY

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Buckmore Park - ME5 9QG

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Shenington - OX15 6NW

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Whilton Mill - NN11 2NH

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Clay Pigeon - DT2 9PW

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Rowrah - CA26 3XU

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
Associate
How about Teesside??

I'd like to vote for Cumbria but there'd only be about 3 of us. Guess Whilton is most central so makes sense to have it there.

Stick me down anyway
I'd love to do Teesside, been wanting to do it for years, but don't think many would go there :(

Teesside is a great karting track, even if it's been about 10yrs since I last did an Ironman there. Would definitely be keen, but also suspect many wouldn't want to travel up north

Teesside is a great karting track, even if it's been about 10yrs since I last did an Ironman event there. Would definitely be keen if Teesside was an option

Soldato
Coverage of my race at Whilton 2 weeks ago for those who are interested :D

I really need to work on my interview technique. As a newbie to the series I never go expecting to be interviewed so was very unprepared;

Soldato
OP
Ok finally got round to calling them.

https://whiltonmill.co.uk/our-kart-tracks - track choice here, I've said it would only be the National and International that we are interested in. National track is 20 people tops and international is 20 minimum apparently.

The only Saturday dates available for this are 1st and 8th December otherwise it's during the week at some point.

If we book for November/December we all get £5 off each, plus some food, and the winner receives a hamper.

Provisional bookings are for 7 days only before deposits are required - it would be £20pp for deposits. Full balance to be paid in full 7 days prior to karting date. They would want the arranger (me) to be the only one making payments which means you'd all have to send me £20 (or full balance if you wish) as soon as we agree a date.

So basically for this to work everyone needs to be sending me deposit monies ASAP and then I can book on the premise of how many deposits I receive for either of those dates.

How's does this sound for these dates then? I'm absolutely fine with potential cold/rain - but others may not be?

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
I was thinking international sprint personally - so yeah £75 after discount.

Sundays, well there's 11th & 18th November but I personally couldn't make those so.... not going to arrange something I can't attend :D

Soldato
I was thinking international sprint personally - so yeah £75 after discount.

Sundays, well there's 11th & 18th November but I personally couldn't make those so.... not going to arrange something I can't attend :D

What about the greater good? ;)

I'm personally fine with dates in December, not worried about the cold/rain - could spice things up a bit! Although to be honest, any date from now onwards is likely to be wet, so... :p

Caporegime
Sooner rather than later would give us a greater chance of better track conditions (not against rain, but am against being freezing cold! My first Palmersport day was in sub zero conditions for the morning, and it made things more than "tricky" as well as rather uncomfortable being wet and cold loitering around the side of a track!). Weekdays are fine by me given enough notice.

If the consensus is Saturdays then I'm still up for the 1st, but it might end up being rather chilly!

Back
Top Bottom