• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
At least I’m not alone! Cheers...other than that I like the XS a lot. For me it’s a big phone coming from an SE so getting used to that as I have small hands haha! I also keep reaching for the home button...

Annoyingly I couldn’t backup from iCloud either which means I’ve had to do it all manually. Grrr.

Soldato
My son dropped mine almost exactly 24hrs after I got it and the bottom is all scratched up now. Apple don’t offer repairs for cosmetic damage either. Still going to go up next Saturday and see what they say. It’s only 90mins each way to the nearest Apple store...

Associate
Will probably skip this generation but can anyone who upgraded from a X to one of the Xs comment on the improvement on FaceID?

Can’t say I’ve noticed much difference, probably marginally quicker maybe, but never had an issue with the X anyway.

Soldato
In spite of extensive reservations, I am now the owner of an iPhone Xs. Can anyone tell me if it is safe to use a Samsung s8 fast charge plug with the iPhone?

I had a failed battery on a 6s plus which I put down to using a power bank, so I want to be sure this time.

Soldato
In spite of extensive reservations, I am now the owner of an iPhone Xs. Can anyone tell me if it is safe to use a Samsung s8 fast charge plug with the iPhone?

I had a failed battery on a 6s plus which I put down to using a power bank, so I want to be sure this time.

It will be fine. It won't work as a fast charger though, so it'll work just as a standard USB 2 amp charger but that's still better than the 1 amp in the box. As far as I know the only way to get actual fast charge support on an iPhone X or later is to use one of the Apple C chargers (for MacBooks) and a C to lightning cable.

Soldato
Has anyone seen any 2m USB-C to Lightning cables for sale, other than the official Apple one? I can find plenty of 1m ones but I'm really after a good quality 2m. The Apple one is like £35, which seems a little steep :p

I'd also be interested in any recommendations for good quality, angled wireless charging stands.

Back
Top Bottom