Neo Geo Pocket Color owners and collectors thread

Soldato
By popular demand the Neo Geo Pocket color has hit seriously cool and he's a thread dedicated to this weird and wonderful console!

Please show us what you have for the NGPC, where we can find games for it and general chat on the platform

Soldato
OP
I'll kick off with my Neo Geo Pocket Color collection!

Found my pocket colour box complete with instructions for 5 whole European nations and confirmed this one is the "Anthracite" colour one... Aka black with cool slightly less black spots (needs a daytime photo)

Got to say Sonic and Puzzle Link 2 are the most played in that collection so far, they are both the most accessable and engrossing for commuting to work. Need to get getter more time into Match of the Millenium when two player kicks off in 2 weeks

Associate
Had a pocket for a while put havent played on it much, just ordered a new game for it to try on it dark arms, looks like it could be fun and only £6 from cex.
Here is what i have at the minute:

20161217_154608_zpsjlpqhlji.jpg

Soldato
OP
I really want one now ;)

What should I be looking for? And what sort of price is considered fair for a system?

Well I feel like the box is a massive would be nice for the system (it's well made and has a little space inside so doesn't break first time you open it but its a console box so you only open it once), have seen a silver boxed one like elf_2009's for £55 in a cex and would use that as a bench mark for buying one. The eBay prices are a bit wild when it is console only but if there's a bundle with boxed games then there are deals to be had. Been helping a colleague at work find one that went for £75 with UK metal slug 1 and pocket tennis which is a good deal given the boxed games are £45-£55 as a pair.

Have a look on cex online for the colours you want to start with though.

Here's mine with Sonic on its way and hopefully Metal Slug Mission 2 if it's still in stock next week

Someone without the black one! :D have you noticed fatal fury has a typo in the printed name of the game in the top left?

Soldato
OP
Had a pocket for a while put havent played on it much, just ordered a new game for it to try on it dark arms, looks like it could be fun and only £6 from cex.

The dive game looks strangely fun! been looking for one of the two versions for a little while, is it worth it? That's a bargain for Dark Arms, might have to order it for my self

I'll have to arrange all my games for a photo some time! Hardware wise, two uk pockets and a japanese mini pocket. Plus the AC adapter!

You have the AC adaptor?!!?!? :cool: that's got to trump the link cable on the odd accessories list...

Been having a debate if the gba (original shape) case will do a good job as a protective carry case for the neo geo? Mine lives in my work backpack and needs something sensible to sit in.

Soldato
I'll kick off with my Neo Geo Pocket Color collection!

Found my pocket colour box complete with instructions for 5 whole European nations and confirmed this one is the "Anthracite" colour one... Aka black with cool slightly less black spots (needs a daytime photo)

Got to say Sonic and Puzzle Link 2 are the most played in that collection so far, they are both the most accessable and engrossing for commuting to work. Need to get getter more time into Match of the Millenium when two player kicks off in 2 weeks

I got that link cable in its cute box with its cute manual! cutest accessory ever. Nice little collection, i'm just starting collecting too.

EDIT: i might even have a cuter accessory which came out for this. i'll post my pics once i work out how to do it.

Soldato
Well I feel like the box is a massive would be nice for the system (it's well made and has a little space inside so doesn't break first time you open it but its a console box so you only open it once), have seen a silver boxed one like elf_2009's for £55 in a cex and would use that as a bench mark for buying one. The eBay prices are a bit wild when it is console only but if there's a bundle with boxed games then there are deals to be had. Been helping a colleague at work find one that went for £75 with UK metal slug 1 and pocket tennis which is a good deal given the boxed games are £45-£55 as a pair.

Have a look on cex online for the colours you want to start with though.

Someone without the black one! :D have you noticed fatal fury has a typo in the printed name of the game in the top left?

Thanks for the advice! I quite like the look of the light blue system for some reason. Not the camo blue, what was that all about :D

Am I right in thinking the screens aren't backlit? If so how are they to play in evenings etc? Under a lamp like the old gameboy days?

Back
Top Bottom