Gigabyte P35w v5 replacement battery fails to completely boot. Any suggestions?

Associate
Anyone else had any problems replacing the GNS-I60 battery in their Gigabyte P35w v5 ?
Do you have to change any settings after fitting a replacement battery?

With new battery fitted and disconnected from mains the laptop boots to windows but near end of boot process laptop instantly switches off. (desktop in process of being populated with icons).

If boot with mains connected then disconnect mains everything works fine including stress loading the CPU and GPU. Also tried a couple of discharge/charge cycles.

When I plug in the original battery laptop boots fine.

Supplier is sending another battery but I thought I would ask in case I am missing a config/setup step.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Anyone else had any problems replacing the GNS-I60 battery in their Gigabyte P35w v5 ?

With new battery fitted and disconnected from mains the laptop boots to windows but near end of boot process laptop instantly switches off. (desktop in process of being populated with icons).

If boot with mains connected then disconnect mains everything works fine including stress loading the CPU and GPU. Also tried a couple of discharge/charge cycles.

Supplier is sending another battery but I thought I would ask in case I am missing a config/setup step.

Hi @Sirius342 - can we ask if the battery has been supplied directly from Gigabyte Service centre, or third party seller?

Is there a full part number on the battery - if so please confirm (or is it just GNS-160?) - either way, let us know if you have same result with the new one being received, and we can advise from there.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep

Hi @Sirius342 - can we ask if the battery has been supplied directly from Gigabyte Service centre, or third party seller?

Is there a full part number on the battery - if so please confirm (or is it just GNS-160?) - either way, let us know if you have same result with the new one being received, and we can advise from there.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB

Associate
OP
Hi Atom, thank you for responding to my post.

Supplied by 3rd party supplier.
Markings are identical, apart from barcode
SIMPLO P/N: 961TA010FA

original battery barcode: 539JQD010599T Mfg date 2015/09
replacement battery: 428PLJA121IO Mfg date 2018/05

Supplier is on mainland Europe and delivery took awhile, hence throught I would post to see if there was some installation step I was missing.

Associate
OP
It has taken a really long time to get another battery..... a strong argument to use mendit in future.

Anyway, the replacement battery works fine so problem was definately the supplied item and not a config/setup issue.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
It has taken a really long time to get another battery..... a strong argument to use mendit in future.

Anyway, the replacement battery works fine so problem was definately the supplied item and not a config/setup issue.

Hi @Sirius342 - glad to hear that you are sorted, and yes we would always recommend using Mendit as the parts are shipped directly from us at Gigabyte HQ. But you are back up and running now, so happy days.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Back
Top Bottom