Michelin stealth blade - jumped off - bad product ?

Soldato
Driving friends Toyota Yaris at the weekend, fortunately just 40mph and was able to stop before there was damage, wipers on slow speed.

The 4 month old wiper blade became decoupled between the car specific insert and the blade, there was a click as the arm then hit the glass, and the free blade was trapped in the windscreen cowling.

Are these blades, or the cars system a poor design ? (putting the blade to unexpected forces/wear)
it looks like play had developed between these parts, held on with gaffer tape fttb

will probably email michelin.

44881639601_2e465aa6dc_o_d.jpg

I smashed a windscreen before letting arm fall back against screen during a wiper change, fortunately no similar damage.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
I once made the mistake of buying some Michelin wiper blades from Costco thinking they were a reputable brand and would be fine. Big mistake, made awful screeching noises and some of the wiper didn't come into contact with the window. Binned them after 2 weeks, had Valeo and Bosch ones since and no problems with either.

Soldato
I once made the mistake of buying some Michelin wiper blades from Costco thinking they were a reputable brand and would be fine. Big mistake, made awful screeching noises and some of the wiper didn't come into contact with the window. Binned them after 2 weeks, had Valeo and Bosch ones since and no problems with either.

I did the same thing. Pu them on my wifes car to find they dont actually fit under the trim the wipers resess into even though they state they were for the car. Absolute junk.

Soldato
OP
[ I sent an email Dear Bidendum ... ]

They were tight when I installed, but I doubt the seating gets re-checked when the car & blades are washed, as I do.

If it is the adapter plate->blade wear - I'll have to look and see if the plastic Bosch adapter plates, unused from previous blades I have had, had will fit on a Yaris (maybe all the same design x manufacturer - I never looked before )

Back
Top Bottom