• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rx vega 56

Associate
Hey,

I've noticed that the vega cards have started to stabilize again and at this price point, it looks quite tempting if you've already invested in fressync.

My question is, do you think this is going to be the standard price (£400) for a 56 or are we likely to see any further drops? I've also toyed with the idea of a 64 for the extra £40 But for 1080p I'm sure a 56 will serve me well.

I've held onto my trusty r9 290 for a good while but it's starting to show it's are in modern games even though I'm only playing at 1080 (144hz).

Any input appreciated.

Cheers,
Marc

Associate
OP
Yeah, but I think with the bundled games you could probably recoup the £50 reselling them. I'm stuck with fressync and i just can't warrant the g sync premium. There doesn't seem to be a lot in it between the 1070ti and vega 56 from the benches I've seen.

https://youtu.be/UlmZZXPzDV8

Soldato
Hey,

I've noticed that the vega cards have started to stabilize again and at this price point, it looks quite tempting if you've already invested in fressync.

My question is, do you think this is going to be the standard price (£400) for a 56 or are we likely to see any further drops? I've also toyed with the idea of a 64 for the extra £40 But for 1080p I'm sure a 56 will serve me well.

I've held onto my trusty r9 290 for a good while but it's starting to show it's are in modern games even though I'm only playing at 1080 (144hz).

Any input appreciated.

Cheers,
Marc

Maybe you should consider the Vega 64 Red Devil. The £50 price different is not big. Then visit the page 284 in the Vega owners discussion, put the settings I have there (downvolting & overclocking to GTX1080 @2160 overclock level) and relax.

Associate
OP
Maybe you should consider the Vega 64 Red Devil. The £50 price different is not big. Then visit the page 284 in the Vega owners discussion, put the settings I have there (downvolting & overclocking to GTX1080 @2160 overclock level) and relax.

I have been lurking in that thread a while :)

Associate
I myself and in an almost identical position......

My trusty old 290 has served me well, have been contemplating the Vega64 Red Devil for a few weeks now, I keep checking the price and was wondering if anyone can see the price of either the 56 or 64 dropping any further ?

Thanks.

Vinny.

Soldato
Yeah, but I think with the bundled games you could probably recoup the £50 reselling them. I'm stuck with fressync and i just can't warrant the g sync premium. There doesn't seem to be a lot in it between the 1070ti and vega 56 from the benches I've seen.

https://youtu.be/UlmZZXPzDV8
Fair enough if there's games as you could possibly get it a good £90/£100 cheaper then the 64.

Soldato
Vegas don't have more room to drop, because if they drop any more then that would mean AMD are subsidising them. Sooner they go out of production than drop further. The UK deals they have right now are ACE, if you look around Europe people would be overjoyed to have these prices (+3 actually good games!). If shipping wouldn't add another £40 for me I'd probably have snagged one myself.

Associate
OP
Vegas don't have more room to drop, because if they drop any more then that would mean AMD are subsidising them. Sooner they go out of production than drop further. The UK deals they have right now are ACE, if you look around Europe people would be overjoyed to have these prices (+3 actually good games!). If shipping wouldn't add another £40 for me I'd probably have snagged one myself.

Yup, thinking I might pull the trigger payday... not sure which one to go for though. The gigabyte, sapphire pulse or the red devil. Will have to do some digging on them I guess

Associate
OP
Cheers for the heads up. Doesn't look like the red devil is flashable to the vega 64 from a few reddit threads I read. Anybody had any first-hand experience?

Soldato
Yup, thinking I might pull the trigger payday... not sure which one to go for though. The gigabyte, sapphire pulse or the red devil. Will have to do some digging on them I guess
There's always black Friday coming up. You might be able to snag a low priced Vega 64 red devil or something.

Also have you considered the members market?

Associate
OP
There's always black Friday coming up. You might be able to snag a low priced Vega 64 red devil or something.Also have you considered the members market?

Yup, there is that and it would tie in nicely with the BFV launch which is pretty much the reason I'm upgrading. I've been lurking there a while to see if anything comes up. I'm a pay day away from being able to buy outright so black Friday might be my best bet to be fair.

i tried the 64 bios but went back as i got on better overclocking with the 56 bios

Thanks for that. I've been reading mixed stories about the flashing success rate.

Back
Top Bottom