*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
Currently with Sky on last years Friends and Family offer which expires soon. Looking to reduce our package but retentions aren't willing to match the new customer offers (which I would go with to save the hassle of switching provider). So cancellation is it then if that's what you want Sky?!

Will give TalkTalk a go, their fibre + TV offerings for less than £30 a month looks much better value in comparison.

Associate
Not sure, did they do all your cancellations in one go or did you speak to different departments for Broadband and TV? @superdumper is more up to date on offers for treasonous people. ;)

The offer for 13.99 off Fibre (Unlimited or Max) is for new customers joining with these services or for existing customers taking them for the first time. The offer will not populate in accounts that already have Fibre services active.

Soldato
Could have done you full TV package for £45?

Yeah, but I wasn't talking to you on the online chat and there lies the problem with Sky or Virgin, there is no consistency with offers, the guy I spoke to was adament that was his best offer and that was with no BT Sport UHD. I had spoken to Virgin and the best they could do was £99pm for their VIP package but that is a better deal than Sky. So when Sky contacted Virgin to transfer Broadband/Phone virgin phone me up with a better offer and it also saves me the hassle of changing provider. Also Virgin have you guys destroyed when it comes to broadband speed and phone. I'm annoyed Sky couldn't do better to be honest and you guys need to find a way to present your best offers to new customers so everyone gets the best deal going.

Caporegime
Yeah, but I wasn't talking to you on the online chat and there lies the problem with Sky or Virgin, there is no consistency with offers, the guy I spoke to was adament that was his best offer and that was with no BT Sport UHD. I had spoken to Virgin and the best they could do was £99pm for their VIP package but that is a better deal than Sky. So when Sky contacted Virgin to transfer Broadband/Phone virgin phone me up with a better offer and it also saves me the hassle of changing provider. Also Virgin have you guys destroyed when it comes to broadband speed and phone. I'm annoyed Sky couldn't do better to be honest and you guys need to find a way to present your best offers to new customers so everyone gets the best deal going.
It was an introduce a friend deal for existing staff, the post is stickied in the home Cinema and hi-Fi section.

Associate
Hi, I know I posted my package price before but I thought I'd add my nans as I've just haggled it down. She was on sky+ for about 10 years and was paying over £90 per month. So I switched her to sky Q on a deal that wasn't great but better than what she had. The deal was

Fibre unlimited £15
Line rental £18.99
Anonymous caller reject £4
Voicemail £2
Broadband & line rental total £40

Entertainment £20
HD £5
Boxsets £5
Sky Q TV total £30

Overall total bill £70

This was about 5 months ago and I wasn't happy with it but it was £10 less than what she was paying and she was getting the new software and faster broadband speed. I only see her every few months as she lives away. When I went down this weekend she wanted sky talk putting back on as her son has been running up a phone bill. So I phoned them determined to get her a better deal. This is what I got

Fibre Max £11.01
Line rental £13.99
Sky talk anytime £8
Voicemail £2
Broadband & line rental total £35

Entertainment £10
HD £1
Boxsets £1
Sky Q TV total £12

Overall total bill £47

I was really happy with this result. Reducing the TV price didn't enter her into a new contract, it just kept to the same tenure as the original. New 12 month contract for bb & line rental. So I got £23 off and added sky talk anytime and fibre max. This is whilst she's in a quite new contract so they didn't have to do anything in terms of reducing the price. However they did and I just wanted to show what you can get as an existing customer who's still in the middle of their contract. Sorry this post is so long! But I hope it'll help someone with benchmarks for themselves.

Soldato
Great deal and well done for your nan. I couldn't get a deal like that as a new customer and just proves what I said in my last post re Sky have no consistency with who gets what kind of deal. Got my confirmation phone call today for cancelling contract. Will no doubt do this all again in twelve months time.

Associate
Hi all, would welcome your thoughts.

Previously had all channels excluding sports on a Sky + HD package which included 2 multi room boxes. I have each one of my 3 boxes set up to 2 tv's each via hdmi splitters. So in effect I can watch 3 different channels at a time. And have access to sky in 6 different rooms.

Ideally need to keep access to sky in all 6 rooms with the ability to watch 3 different things as once in the house. I have a big family. I was paying £44 which was an excellent deal.

New Offer
Entertainment £20
HD £1
Box Sets £1
Movies £10
2x Multiroom £24

Total £56.

£12 higher than before, loosing kids channels which I don't need and also using all old boxes I currently own with no warranty support.

Don't know what to do! Cant move to Sky Q deals as they will work out even more expensive due to needing the ability to watch 3 channels simultaneously in 6 rooms. Cant go back as a new customer as 1) Not sure id get a better deal and 2) They don't sell the Sky HD boxes any more, Sky Q only.

Tried calling in twice, they won't budge!!

Caporegime
But then on the flip side Sky Q is so much better than what you have currently so should be more than worth the extra.

With Sky Q you could watch 6 different shows in 6 different rooms, all at the same time.

Associate
Great deal and well done for your nan. I couldn't get a deal like that as a new customer and just proves what I said in my last post re Sky have no consistency with who gets what kind of deal. Got my confirmation phone call today for cancelling contract. Will no doubt do this all again in twelve months time.
That's very true, it's pretty much pot luck when you phone sky. I think it depends who you get on the phone (I prefer to phone to haggle as live chats never been generous with me). I've personally not had any problem with the service they provide and the price paid for it. I also appreciate that i have a good deal and so does my nan. I was annoyed when I first saw she was paying over £90 for basic TV, phone and internet on the old system. But I'm really happy with the sky Q deal as she's paying half the price for even more. I hope you manage to get a good deal, I think the key words are persistence and friendliness. It can be a bit of a maze being passed through to different departments but I think it's worth it considering your signing into 18 month contacts (typically). Hopefully either my previous post with my package more focused on the TV element or my nans more broadband focused can help with a benchmark.

Associate
But then on the flip side Sky Q is so much better than what you have currently so should be more than worth the extra.

With Sky Q you could watch 6 different shows in 6 different rooms, all at the same time.

Yes but I would need the 2TB Sky Q box which there is a big charge for. Plus id have to pay an additional £100 per extra multi room box too right? So thats a lot of cost initial outlay no?

Associate
Sky have given me HD for Sky Sports for free out of nowhere, I'm slighlty worried something is going to be added to the bill but the app says the same price and same end of deal date.

As of yesterday, Oct 1st, Sky Sports will only be available in HD, so people who did not have the HD pack before are getting it for free until the end of their current deal and then it comes on as an extra £2. For people who did not have an offer, it means their bills moving forward will be £2 more expensive.

Soldato
As of yesterday, Oct 1st, Sky Sports will only be available in HD, so people who did not have the HD pack before are getting it for free until the end of their current deal and then it comes on as an extra £2. For people who did not have an offer, it means their bills moving forward will be £2 more expensive.

Ok thanks, current deal is till February so have a few free months.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour

Out of interest, what happens to all those people with non HD boxes? I remember MissChief saying that quite a lot of subscribers still have those.

Associate
Out of interest, what happens to all those people with non HD boxes? I remember MissChief saying that quite a lot of subscribers still have those.

There are offers available to them for free Sky+HD boxes if they're interested in upgrading, or they can also upgrade to Sky Q with the standard installation fee (starting from £20). They should have received more information about this along with the notification about the extra £2 coming on their bill.

Back
Top Bottom