Domain name issues

Soldato
Hi all. I recently bought a domain name for a custom greeting card sideline that I've set up. I bought the domain from 1&1 and I have like an ecommerce shop on bigcartel but I cannot get the domain name working. I have followed the guidelines etc but it's not working. I've tried to set up a subdomain but I have got a clue. Whenever I try to go to the domain, it says: The page isn't redirecting properly and other times when I've been playing about with it, it just brought up the whole .bigcartel.com address when only entering the domain name that I bought.

Can anyone help?

Man of Honour
Not sure if it is mentioned in the instructions, etc. but sometimes domain records can take awhile to propagate and it might take 24 or even sometimes 48 hours for some users to be redirected correctly after a change.

EDIT: It is mentioned in the instructions.

Soldato
Go to Domains & SSL in your 1and1 account.
Find your domain and click the gear icon beside it.
Choose DNS
Create a CNAME record with your subdomain* as the HOST NAME and the address of your bigcartel shop as the VALUE

*you can enter 'www' as the subdomain

Soldato
OP
Go to Domains & SSL in your 1and1 account.
Find your domain and click the gear icon beside it.
Choose DNS
Create a CNAME record with your subdomain* as the HOST NAME and the address of your bigcartel shop as the VALUE

*you can enter 'www' as the subdomain

Did all this touch and then when I try to add the domain to bigcartel, it says: Whoops, looks like there was a problem.

Edit: Bigcartel accepted the domain name but now when I enter the URL for the domain, it says /defaultsite after entering the domain url.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom