• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GeForce cards now working with Freesync?

Associate
Is only 1 monitor and the word of 1 person only. Clickbaiting in progress here until is confirmed for other monitors by more people.

I've been reading techreport for years, they've never seemed the clickbaity type.

I'll give that driver a try later today, though I run a different freesync monitor and a 980ti.

Soldato
Handful of reports on reddit with screenshots showing it working. :eek:

Article has just been updated to say they think it is some form of vsync which is being added by Windows Desktop Manager. Doesn’t explain why monitors are detecting it as Freesync.

Last edited:
Soldato
Update 9/30/18 3:22 AM: After further research and the collection of more high-speed camera footage from our G-Sync displays, I believe the tear-free gameplay we're experiencing on our FreeSync displays in combination with GeForces is a consequence of Windows 10's Desktop Window Manager adding some form of Vsync to the proceedings when games are in borderless windowed mode, rather than any form of VESA Adapative-Sync being engaged with our GeForce cards. Pending a response from Nvidia as to just what we're experiencing, I'd warn against drawing any conclusions from our observations at this time and sincerely apologize for any misleading conclusions we've presented in our original article. The original piece continues below for posterity.

Back
Top Bottom