Which cheapo B450?

Soldato
Building a cheapo rig for my cousin, got cpu (2600), nvme (960 evo oem), ram (3000mhz stuff that's on special) & gpu (RX580 from MM), just mobo to go.

OcUK have 3 basic B450 boards for £70, MSI B450M PRO-VDH, Gigabyte B450M-DS3H and Asus Prime B450M-A

Not looking at the Asus Prime-K version, it's only got 2 dimm slots and he might want to add to it later.

Are they all pretty much the same, single m.2, 4 dimms, 3 pci-e slots (the Gigabyte has a pair of 16x slots, the others only have 1, but crossfire is a bit pants so i doubt he'd need that instead of getting a stronger single gpu.

Would have put a few quid in to get the Asrock Pro4 for the second nvme slot but it's been out of stock for a while.

Is there anything to choose between them or just toss a coin?

Cheers

Soldato
Building a cheapo rig for my cousin, got cpu (2600), nvme (960 evo oem), ram (3000mhz stuff that's on special) & gpu (RX580 from MM), just mobo to go.

OcUK have 3 basic B450 boards for £70, MSI B450M PRO-VDH, Gigabyte B450M-DS3H and Asus Prime B450M-A

Not looking at the Asus Prime-K version, it's only got 2 dimm slots and he might want to add to it later.

Are they all pretty much the same, single m.2, 4 dimms, 3 pci-e slots (the Gigabyte has a pair of 16x slots, the others only have 1, but crossfire is a bit pants so i doubt he'd need that instead of getting a stronger single gpu.

Would have put a few quid in to get the Asrock Pro4 for the second nvme slot but it's been out of stock for a while.

Is there anything to choose between them or just toss a coin?

Cheers

MSI has the best VRM's where B450 is concerned, personally id completely rule out the ASUS just for the lack of VRM heatsink, The ASRock Pro 4 is supposed to be a good one too.

Soldato

Cheers

That board has two M.2 slots but only one is nvme, the other is sata.

You'd need a B450 Mortar for two nvme m.2 slots in mATX. Or use a pcie adapter with any board that has the second x4 lane slot.

Soldato
I have the ASRock B450 M Pro4 with a Ryzen 2600 in a Micro ATX case.

Not overclocking but absolutely zero complaints with everything running at stock. Although I do have my Patriot RAM running at 3000Mhz without any issue.

Back
Top Bottom