*** The official 2018 MacBook Pro thread (it has six cores and everything!) ***

Caporegime
It's just a stand from Twelve South https://www.twelvesouth.com/product/bookarc-for-macbook

No the Mac stays awake on power. The USB-C cable charges the Mac and sends 4K video plus sound to the monitor. Its a really neat solution.

The space grey Apple keyboard and mouse just works when I am using the monitor. My Apple Watch unlocks the Mac so no need to put a password in.

Love this way of working as I alway have everything with me, desktop power when I want it and a laptop.

So without the Apple Watch how would you unlock it? Password on the keyboard ?

Permabanned
So without the Apple Watch how would you unlock it? Password on the keyboard ?

Yes.

Good thing is when its connected to the monitor the 560X is what is used 100% and feels like a proper desktop.

With my business I use a lot of Safari/Chrome tabs, PDF, Office and emails. I also love to do some photography editing as well.

I have 8 desktops on mission control and use them all.

Associate
Yes.

Good thing is when its connected to the monitor the 560X is what is used 100% and feels like a proper desktop.

With my business I use a lot of Safari/Chrome tabs, PDF, Office and emails. I also love to do some photography editing as well.

I have 8 desktops on mission control and use them all.

What is 560X?

Soldato
€189,00 and early November delivery, not exactly cheap!

My MBP is a 2012, I cant remember how much I paid way back then but they were the only option I could find.

I would look at something like the stand posted above which is simply a holder and you connect the cable manually.

Soldato
I wonder if there will be a mobile 8 core i9 now... let the rumours begin!

The chassis will never be able to handle the heat though :D

Caporegime
Right, got the MBP today, a few things to note

1 - they no longer give you that extension cable for the power brick anymore, you now plug that straight into the wall.
2 - it's TINY, so thin, so thin that I think I could've got the 15" and be happy with the size….although didn't want to fork out more.
3 - Seamless adding to the mac eco system, so easy.

So….is there another alternative for the mac power brick or make it smaller and charges just as quick?

Back
Top Bottom